B-Control Edit software not seeing BCF2000

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Naut.Sirius

B-Control Edit software not seeing BCF2000

Post by Naut.Sirius » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:03 pm

Hi,

I'm running the B-Control Edit software on a Powerbook with osX 10.3.9. The BCF2000 is upgraded to software version V1.10 and I'm running it in USB mode U-1. The editor software launches perfectly and is very stable, but when I scan for the BCF2000 it does not show in the devices list. However the BCF2000 communicates perfectly with other software applications like Ableton Live.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong - any ideas?

Arik

Liam

Post by Liam » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:11 pm

I have the same problem except on a PC and with a BCR2000. Its extremely frustrating. I suspect its a USB problem.

You can still download files using MIDI sysex - I use Sonar for this - but it can't seem to retain the file I really would like to try - the one to use in Live.

I am about to try making my own version of this manually. That must work. Tedious but surely it must save your own inputs on the BC#2000

Obineg

Post by Obineg » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:16 pm

the b-control editor does not and has never to my knowledge worked properly on macs.
macbook 2ghz / osX10.6 / built in soundcard / Apc40 / Axiom 49 / Live 8.1 / M4L

Naut.Sirius

Post by Naut.Sirius » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:33 pm

Liam wrote:I have the same problem except on a PC and with a BCR2000. Its extremely frustrating. I suspect its a USB problem.
Hmmm, I'm not sure if it's a USB or a Java issue, I know that I have no problems controlling Live with it via USB or sending it updates.
Liam wrote: Tedious but surely it must save your own inputs on the BC#2000
:) I can dig it, tedious is right, that's why I *so* want to get the editor to work. It's so much nicer to have a graphic editor, especially after years of programming instruments like the Ensoniq Mirage by "hand".

Naut.Sirius

Post by Naut.Sirius » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:34 pm

Obineg wrote:the b-control editor does not and has never to my knowledge worked properly on macs.
Well crappity!

I guess I'll try it under virtual pc and see what happens.

sonsofthehounds

Post by sonsofthehounds » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:32 pm

don't bother, just program it manually from the front panel, once you get into it it's easy enough.

The b-control thing is crap and does not work on macs, however the units themsleves are golden.
macbook 2.16 ghz, live 6...studio with gear now gathering dust.

the8bitdeity

Need this for B*R stuff to work on OS X

Post by the8bitdeity » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:45 pm

iBook G4 1Ghz w 768 mB RAM, internal Audio
OS 10.4.1

Naut.Sirius

Re: Need this for B*R stuff to work on OS X

Post by Naut.Sirius » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:01 pm

It works now!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!! :D

Obineg

Post by Obineg » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:05 pm

Naut.Sirius wrote:
It works now!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!! :D
I remember installing this and getting it closer to working . . . but not fully working.

does dumping back to unit work too ?
macbook 2ghz / osX10.6 / built in soundcard / Apc40 / Axiom 49 / Live 8.1 / M4L

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:07 pm

Bloody hell... A simple extension....

Cheers for that :D

Naut.Sirius

Post by Naut.Sirius » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:15 am

Obineg wrote:I remember installing this and getting it closer to working . . . but not fully working.
I haven't gotten that far yet as I just woke up, I'll give it a try when I get home from work and post back with the results, I certainly hope that it works!

delicious

Post by delicious » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:24 am

I have been having difficulties with the BC-edit as well.
I can create devices, presets and everything and store them on my computer, yet I can't load them onto the BCF.
I have upgraded my firmware etc and got that all working sweetly, yet an error occurs as soon as I click save preset to hardware.
I am running a PC hence the 'plumstone midi project' will have no effect.
So can anyone help with this problem that is driving me nuts.

Cheers

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:31 am

What I really wanted to do with this was be able to collaborate on a BCedit BCF2000 patch or two for Live. I've Programed in the show/hide browser feature, and the faders, seven for the first seven audio tracks, and one for the master fader in Live.

Haven't quite figured out how to set up the buttons for solo/mute, and to switch to the next bank of faders etc. what with the easy switching of patches when it's not in the hardwired Mackie emulation modes, I figure you could have numerous variations, and share them via BCedit patches, if bcedit would work properly.... This way you could make patches for synths etc. and switch between etc..

Naut.Sirius

Post by Naut.Sirius » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:47 pm

Obineg wrote: I remember installing this and getting it closer to working . . . but not fully working.

Well crap, it doesn't seem to work dumping back to the unit, in my earlier post I was excited just because I was able to get it to load. Seems I jumped the gun on being enthusiastic.

This sucks as I just went out and bought a BCR200 as well because I'm so pleased with the BCF2000, but anytime I move a encoder on BCR it causes a fader on the BCF to jump so I assume I'm going to have to reassign all the encoders to different CC#s which will be a pain with out the graphic editor. *Grrr***