jl cooper cs32 mini desk.... anyone using it?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
psizE

jl cooper cs32 mini desk.... anyone using it?

Post by psizE » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:37 pm

i'm thinking of buying it. i'm also thinking about the faderfox (joystick model). pleas share your thoughts on either.

psizE

ryansupak

Post by ryansupak » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:48 pm

Regarding the cs-32 -- I'd avoid.

I had one, and when you try to press multiple buttons in a row simultaneously, the whole thing kind of freaks out and sends weird sysex messages.

I talked to JL cooper about it, and they said the unit was just not designed to be "played" in that fashion...

rs

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:02 pm

i tried a usb one out and it seemed to work fine on mac, but it took me about half an hour to even install the freakin drivers on pc let alone get live to see any output!! you'd think they could write an installer instead of making you figure it out by yourself.... and don't expect the pc drivers/software to ever go beyond the current beta...

strangely i didn't notice the problem ryan had, and i tried to make it happen after i read about his experience with it, but i didn't get that much time to play with it after all the installation bullsh*t. if you're on mac it might be worth a look, but it seemed like rubbish on pc.
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...

drumroll57

Post by drumroll57 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:13 am

Bought the USB version.

I could not get it to work on the PC, (someone please give me a hint on what to do?...) but the Mac was simple and straightforward, and if you are limited on space and travel a lot, this piece is really good for extensive manipulations, as long as you are very nimble with your fingers.

BTW, mine died, won't even power up. I should send it one day... really... I should. I the meantime I bought a UC-33e and although it doesn't have as many features, it's a bit easier to use as far as size is concerned.

D.
stay groovy!