Any idea why I need to set a clips start point at -2 1 1?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
touched1

Any idea why I need to set a clips start point at -2 1 1?

Post by touched1 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:27 pm

In order to get a clip that I recorded to play and loop from it's true beginning, I have to set the start point to -2 1 1. In other words, I have to move back the start point in the warp editor to get it to start in the correct place.

If I do not do this, it will start on the 2nd measure of the clip, then loop after cycling through once. Because it starts on the 2, the loop is off for as long as it plays.

The waveform settings all look good, but the warp editor has to be changed so it will play properly.

I'm not in front of my machine, so I may be off on some of the details, but I was hoping this was an simple problem that is easily fixed.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:30 pm

what version are you on?
is it 5.03 ?

this sounds mightly like the 'clip doesn't start on the one' feature that is fixed in 5.2 currently in beta.

it has a history, I wont bore you with it, it will be fixed when 5.2 is out if this is your problem.

touched1

Post by touched1 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Angstrom.

Yeah, I'm running 5.0.3.

Don't feel like doing beta testing on an app I don't know that well.

Is there a workaround for the 'clip does not start on the one' issue.

So others have run into this? I'm not just doing something wrong? I did a few searches in the forum, but found nothing related to this specifically.

Thanks again,

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:02 pm

touched1

Post by touched1 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:11 am

Thanks again Angstrom. Good to know that it's not just me.

I'll doing some reading on this after work.

Is 5.2 useable? I'd read there were some serious limitations to the beta?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:32 am

I've not noticed any bas issues with 5.2 at all.
I do mainly used betas for stupid stuff that isn't too important. Just incase they leave a gap between versions and that gap falls on the exact day I need it.
usually the beta versions all overlap then they release the real thing. My guess for 5.2 release is next wednesday . Based on nothing

I've read people say things about 5.2 relating to performance - but I've not noticed anything bad at all. I know the bug reporter is enabled in the betas, but it has little effect on me.

for day-to-day use I use 5.02 though.

I keep all my old installers, an old habit that comes in useful when I dislike point versions.

amo

Re: Any idea why I need to set a clips start point at -2 1 1

Post by amo » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:11 am

touched1 wrote:In order to get a clip that I recorded to play and loop from it's true beginning, I have to set the start point to -2 1 1. In other words, I have to move back the start point in the warp editor to get it to start in the correct place.

If I do not do this, it will start on the 2nd measure of the clip, then loop after cycling through once. Because it starts on the 2, the loop is off for as long as it plays.

The waveform settings all look good, but the warp editor has to be changed so it will play properly.

I'm not in front of my machine, so I may be off on some of the details, but I was hoping this was an simple problem that is easily fixed.
Hi,

Do you see blank space at the beginning of the waveform ? Because what you describe sounds to me like a latency compensation problem. Could be wrong but that what strikes my mind now....
To set it up right, open the lessons pane (view/lessons) and go through the "setting up latency compensation" lesson.

Hope that helps,

amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2