Live 5.2 beta is online!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mosca

Post by mosca » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:48 pm

is impulse fixed?

please tell me it is.

mo

martin808

Re: Live 5.2 beta is online!

Post by martin808 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:59 pm

Alex wrote: -----------------------------------------------------------------
*[05] Bug: Jumping waveform in MP3 files*
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Platform: Win only

Depending on the amount of MP3 files decoded at the same time, the length of the MP3 files and the computer speed the waveforms of the same MP3 files could be different.

i've still got this problem :?

JDSampo

Post by JDSampo » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:49 pm

supster wrote: - im getting more audio dropouts, and more extreme: audio drops out completely when the red harddisk light comes on, which is not really happening in 5.02.
supster,

If you're on a Mac, this is irrelevant but if you're on a PC: What kind of motherboard are you using? Does it use an intel chipset by any chance?

I had a very similar problem: severe drops and stutters during disk access. There's a little program from Intel called the "intel application accelerator" which solved the problem. It's not intended for all Intel chipsets but it did fix it for my 845PE based board.

--JD

cs759

Post by cs759 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:52 pm

Just quickly tried 5.2b3

starts up quickly - excellent

I use Virus TI as my audio interface
latency is now excellent - I can now set driver to highspeed and no pops or crackles.

V Station problem still exists - Live still crashes if Vstation is in VST folder.

Slow startup problem still exists if Virus TI is not powered on.
It takes ages to startup in this case and ages to close down. Was the same with 5.0.3

But generally excellent work - I will be able to use the TI with Live when 52 comes out now latency is low.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite (previously Cubase 12), Audient iD4

supster

Post by supster » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:11 pm

JDSampo wrote:
supster wrote: - im getting more audio dropouts, and more extreme: audio drops out completely when the red harddisk light comes on, which is not really happening in 5.02.
supster,

If you're on a Mac, this is irrelevant but if you're on a PC: What kind of motherboard are you using? Does it use an intel chipset by any chance?

I had a very similar problem: severe drops and stutters during disk access. There's a little program from Intel called the "intel application accelerator" which solved the problem. It's not intended for all Intel chipsets but it did fix it for my 845PE based board.

--JD

thanks, yes im on PC but unfortunatly its a VIA chipset. which people definitely have doubts about including me.

im due for a major studio upgrade soon anyway, im just hoping 5.2 is going to let me work even a little bit better in the meantime. no time to test now but will l8r

--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:00 pm

I've just finished playing with the beta. 5.2b4
The track I started from scratch in this now crashes if I try to load it.Seems like it was plugin incompatibility so I have sent feedback and the set.
Noticed some improvements though