Live 5.2 beta is online!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:32 pm

beta just chrashed after saying ReWire not available due to too old version and then this - An error occurred while reading "users/myname/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 5.2b3/Preferences.cfg". Apparently, the document was created by a more recent, and incompatible, version of Live than this. (unknown class "DirectloDevice" found) -

Well, not much else to report so far 8O

supster

Post by supster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:45 pm

interested in any improvment at all in basic copy/paste/duplicate moves in session and arrange

anything? im not all that hopeful but curious

--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

Groovecake

Post by Groovecake » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:08 pm

I'm getting the Rewire message too. What gives??

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:22 pm

This sux...how do you re-install ReWire... Now trying reinstall of Protools...maybe that does the trick altough its a bit of a downer to be going through all this again...

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:33 pm

Well...did a search for rewire in finder... And deleted ALL entries containing rewire. Incl my protools rewire (called Digirewire). Reinstalled reason + protools... And guess what... Now im up and running again... :roll:

Maybe thats the solution for you as well!?

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:34 pm

supster wrote:interested in any improvment at all in basic copy/paste/duplicate moves in session and arrange

anything? im not all that hopeful but curious
Did you try it yet? I'm looking forward to hearing how your system fares.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

even

Post by even » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:52 pm

supster wrote:interested in any improvment at all in basic copy/paste/duplicate moves in session and arrange

anything? im not all that hopeful but curious.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:23 pm

even wrote:

? I don't get it.
Supsters remark sounded much like your own, Even - that you are "interested" in how it works, but haven't tried it, right?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

even

Post by even » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:32 pm

Machinate wrote:Even - that you are "interested" in how it works, but haven't tried it, right?
yes, exactly.

and i'm not gonna install a beta. :?

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:59 pm

hey, i just tried 5.2b on my latest arrangement. i'm more then happy with the results. in 5.0.3 i was getting CPU spikes and peaks, weird slowing down of the song, i was really desperate and i hardly managed to finish the song.
i wasn't using too much effects, most of them were UAD's ones and i thought it was the UAD or wrong buffer settings that caused the strange behavior. now CPU is rock solid on 35-40%, as i think it should be. stop/play also didn't disrupt CPU, which back with 5.0.3 wasn't the case..

regarding copy/paste/move - i feel improvements here as well. it's way faster and, if i can say that way, reliable (i always had feeling that Live was going to crash any moment i do move of the large part of the song :roll: ).

so - so far so good. keep the fingers crossed.

w :!:

edit: oh yeah, my setup:

P4 3.0Ghz, 1Gb RAM
Win XP SP2
Terratec EWX 24/96
ATi Radeon 9600 XT
7200RPM Sata HD
Last edited by Goran@Irrupt on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:04 pm

even wrote: and i'm not gonna install a beta.
Pussy! :D

Anyway, I did install the (Windoze XP) beta and... it just works!

Arrangement seems more responsive I merged some sets so they are double the size of what they'd normally be, and moving-copying-cutting-
pasting speed remains good.

Session clips start on the 1!
Record enable tracks don't produce hanging midi notes anymore!

Overall first impression is very good!
Last edited by djsynchro on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piett

Post by Piett » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:17 pm

Just finished testing the new beta out on my Intel iMac.
Its really amaising i find, mind you im by no means a producer but i tried my best to load it as heavy as possible. Basically i had 8 clips going at the same time with every effect i could throw on, some plugins here and there and i didint manage to get it over 15%.
Im still gonna try some things out but as of yet im very happy with its performance.
The only thing that i find a bit odd, and im sure its just a minor bug, is that when ever i activate the metronome, it crashes the program.
Id like to know if anyone else driving a new mac is having this problem?

Il post some more info when i have time to test it out more thoroughly.
If theres anything you would like me to try out, just post it.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:19 pm

Piett wrote:Just finished testing the new beta out on my Intel iMac.
Its really amaising i find, mind you im by no means a producer but i tried my best to load it as heavy as possible. Basically i had 8 clips going at the same time with every effect i could throw on, some plugins here and there and i didint manage to get it over 15%.
Im still gonna try some things out but as of yet im very happy with its performance.
The only thing that i find a bit odd, and im sure its just a minor bug, is that when ever i activate the metronome, it crashes the program.
Id like to know if anyone else driving a new mac is having this problem?

Il post some more info when i have time to test it out more thoroughly.
If theres anything you would like me to try out, just post it.
If Live crashes. It will create a .alp file on your desktop. Send that to beta@ableton.com with some info about what you did on which system.

even

Post by even » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:21 pm

well synchro's and website's posts gave me a bit of hope... not much, but still....hope. :?

*starts cubase*

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:28 pm

Hi Piett,

we are aware of this Metronome issue. It seems only to happen on the Intel-Mac (although I would not call it a minor bug :) )

regards,
/Alex