[Movie Player] version 0.5 online ! MAC and PC !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
continuous

Post by continuous » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:19 am

Sorry to bug here but nope can't get it to work.

Anybody else using it on 10.4.4? Wouldn't think it would matter.

The icon looks funny, not like my other plugs at all.

Thanks

amo

Post by amo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:55 am

Weird... I didn't try it on 10.4.4, don't have access to it around me... If someone else has it.
But yeah, it should not matter !

peace,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:31 am

Can you get other Pluggo's to show up ?
Have you installed Pluggo runtime as user or superuser .. I seem to remmeber I only got Pluggo running when installed as superuser (but than normal users can use the plugs as well as they're in the "main library" )
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

kabelton

Post by kabelton » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:00 am

hey amo,
i just wanna tell you that it works now. great! thanks a lot, you have done a big thing with your tiny plug.

thanks...oh... tested it again with a bigger mpg. it is always starting at the beginning although clicking to 2min for example. hmm...

:?:
Last edited by kabelton on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:06 am

Working great here with Live 5.02 and OSX 10.4.3

Bravo Amo!!! :D :D :D
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

amo

Post by amo » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:24 am

kabelton wrote:hey amo,
i just wanna tell you that it works now. great! thanks a lot, you have done a big thing with your tiny plug.

thanks...oh... tested it again with a bigger mpg. it is always starting at the beginning although clicking to 2min for example. hmm...

:?:
Do you mean that with a longer mpg file, MoviePlayer display doesn't jump when clicking in the upper part of the arrangement with the speaker ? or when you start the song 2 min in ? I'll give it a try but see no reason for this to happen actually. If anyone else could test... welcome.

@ Pitch Black >>> Cool, I'm glad it's working for you !

I should soon have the bigger version for MAC. And remember, macintel intant support as soon as Pluggo gives an update ! :lol:
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

kabelton

Post by kabelton » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:58 pm

amo wrote:
Do you mean that with a longer mpg file, MoviePlayer display doesn't jump when clicking in the upper part of the arrangement with the speaker ?
yes!
amo wrote: or when you start the song 2 min in ?

when i start the song 2min in the video starts at the beginning

amo

Post by amo » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:11 pm

kabelton wrote:
amo wrote:
Do you mean that with a longer mpg file, MoviePlayer display doesn't jump when clicking in the upper part of the arrangement with the speaker ?
yes!
amo wrote: or when you start the song 2 min in ?

when i start the song 2min in the video starts at the beginning
How long is the mpeg ? what format / codec does it use ? did you set the smple rate well in the plug ?

kabelton

Post by kabelton » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:55 pm

hi amo,
you can try one of my videos on my homepage, they all are very small. none of them works like it should. the samplerates are equal.

gerald

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:10 pm

Hi,

great, but for me it does not really work. I am on osx 10.4.4. with Live 5.03.

I have a short mpg-file and when I click somewhere on the timeline the movie-clip starts at the beginning and not at a later part of the movie.

Live crashed after some clicking on the framerate of the plug.

amo

Post by amo » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:00 pm

Ok I will check mpg files after the weekend. Though I'm quite sure I did test one on my comp, but I'll download one on Kableton's site.
Weird about the crash... Are you sure it is my plug ? it's pretty simple and straight forward... let's see.

amo

Post by amo » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:52 pm

Yes, I did test with an mpeg file and you are right, same behaviour here: it always starts at the beginning of the video. Weird ! I thought quicktime time was the same for all file types palyed by quicktime... that is a scond divided in 600 units, and that's how I get the sync: I sync the sample count from the beginning of the song to quicktime time units.
I'll try to find out how that happens... later.

For the time being, I tested with mov and avi and it works fine. Sorry for the inconvenience....
One other bug I just found out: the sound of the movie is well muted for the first movie you open after dragging the plug in a track, but if you clic open and choose another movie, the sound is not muted anymore even if the mute icon shows ON. I'll correct that soon. That could be a reason of crash (letting the sound of the movie play gives me sluggy playback and I guess it could lead to crash, whereas with sound muted it works like a charm...)

Thanks for your patience, and I suggest you stick to mov and avi for now,

amo

amo

Post by amo » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:53 am

Found the culpit: some movies (not related with file type) don't have 600 time units a second, but are HD, some have 2997 etc... So I have to update the plug considering those. For now... workarounds ! re-encode your movies to work on them.... Sorry about that, but quicktime is so badly documented (for me at least).

Cheers,
amo

Viz

Post by Viz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:55 am

OMG, this is it. This is what i wanted. Like some guy in this thread even i used another DAW to playback the movie and use Live and Reason to produce music. I never used the DAW on anything, now i can save resources and CPU with this. I think im dreaming.

BIG THANKS TO AMO. I havent used it yet, but i will soon and let you know my experiences with it. :)

amo

Post by amo » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:01 am

Viz wrote:OMG, this is it. This is what i wanted. Like some guy in this thread even i used another DAW to playback the movie and use Live and Reason to produce music. I never used the DAW on anything, now i can save resources and CPU with this. I think im dreaming.

BIG THANKS TO AMO. I havent used it yet, but i will soon and let you know my experiences with it. :)
Cool, looking forward to read your feedback !

Hey, good people, here is a screenshot of the small version in Ableton Live, on a 1024X768 screen. Clic on the image !

Best,
amo