fine tuning of tempo changes...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
IZNODJ

fine tuning of tempo changes...

Post by IZNODJ » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:55 pm

Does anybody know how to really fine tune a tempo change... I'm zooming in as much as I can but I can't really nail the exact tempo that I'm looking for... For example if I want 106 I can get 105.94 or 106.06 but never 106... I know it doesn't make any difference but it bugs me to see decimals on a bpm...

Thanx

Powerbook 10.3.9, Live 5.03

Bi4a

Post by Bi4a » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:08 am

suddenly i would like to know that too.

TonySoprano

Post by TonySoprano » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:23 am

Just click on the tempo box and type in the bpm you require?
Check out my latest mix:-
http://www.mixdepot.net/OutOfMySystem

Bi4a

Post by Bi4a » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:46 am

lol. true ;) thanks :) i tried clicking but not typing (that's because cursor is not flashing in here, i thought it doesn't allow me to type in tempo
anyway, thanks

Josh Gabriel

Fine Tuning Tempo Envelope Breakpoints....

Post by Josh Gabriel » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:03 pm

When you say "type" the number, you are talking about at the top-left of the sceeen, right.

How do you fin tune the tempo when editng a tempo envelope breakpoint?

For examle, you double-click on the tempo line in the master track and try to drag (with command) for fine resolution and you can't get whole values sometimes.

Any help would be great!
:-)

josh

Knarzer

Post by Knarzer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:57 pm

I stumbled across that issue as well. Couldn't get bothered to post it, though ;)

I had 3 tempi changes in a 30 minute piece of music. Every change to the tempo envelope on the master track took ages. I reckon the gui needs a lot ressources to get updated after every change. Zooming in with the upper/lower boundary values didn't make it easier at all. In my case it was impossible to set decent values!

Maybe the abes should add possiblity to enter numerical values for points on the envelopes.

bitesize

Post by bitesize » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:14 pm

i've struggled with this one as well - i use a lot of tempo changes in my mixes so i had to find a workaround... what i do is increase the size of the master track on screen til it's filling like half the screen - then you can get a finer tuning than if it's normal size.

on a similar note, why the hell does live default to these values (like tempo at 105.94 or 106.06)? it's the same with volume breakpoints - click to create a breakpoint + it'll create at 0.2 or -0.2, then you'll have to ctrl-drag to adjust it to zero. why will it not create a breakpoint on zero? this really bugs me. i just can't see why it is like it is... surely it would be a hell of a lot easier for everyone if it created breakpoints + moved them in quarter-dB increments, unless you were fine-tuning?