Logical? move clip -> quant to none in arrangement?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
serotoninsteve

Logical? move clip -> quant to none in arrangement?

Post by serotoninsteve » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:08 pm

Hello,
in my set from new years eve I noticed moved startmarkers in arrangement from where I never started a clip, the whole set was 1bar & clips to global Q.
So far there was and is no problem, everything .wav played in sync beside my mp3s wich have the moving startmarker bug. But while editing the whole thing was a bit of a mess, nothing was clear anymore, what has started when?

I had 2 tracks with all my tracks from where I prelistened them and then dragged running on an other muted track where i have my slots assigned to my TF pads.
If I drag a running clip from one track to an other I understand that it has to start somewhere, and as dragging clips is not quantized (should it?) I understand if the startmarker is at a not Q position.
But when I drag a clip in it´s own track around, wich always stays the same, I get a lot of clips with different startpos in arrangement. The same if I use catch and insert scene command.
Makes that sense?
Shouldn´t it stay the same one clip in arrangement, as there isn´t triggered someting. The same for the ctrl+shift+I, it creates a new scene, everything fine but it´s recorded non Q in arrangement.
In terms of fast creating a bunch of random clips it might be ok, some sort of playhead scrubbing but therefore you could set clips Q to none and then trigger it as you want.
I´ve never noticed this before, but for me it´s simply not logical!

So, was it ever like this (only that nobody has thought about it), unlucky design or like it is intended :?:
What do you think?
Ableton?

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:00 pm

So I´ve found out that it ever was like this :oops: , but I still think that it is somewhere unlogical.
To record a bunch of clips in arrangement where never has been really triggered something in session is just confusing.
Common, only 12 views, I´m sure I´m not the only one who thinks this is not logical.

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:57 pm

78 view´s and not one comment?
At least someone could write that I´m crazy and there is everything logical with this. Or a simple yes, this behaviour makes no sense but I don´t care.
Common, anybody?

Greetings