five new skins for live 5

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:03 pm

scifish wrote:i think you can't satisfy everyone's needs.
No, I totally agree with you, please don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the skins you posted in any way. I tend to suffer from eye strain after long periods of using Live, more so than any other software I've ever used. Maybe it's because most skins are designed to be seen easily on a stage, or simply because I concentrate on it longer than lots of other apps, I dunno.

How anyone could possibly use Ableton's own Frost skin for more that 5 minutes without a headache is completely beyond me, or read any text in the Portofino skin.

I simply want to be able to create my own colour scheme without having to hack code, chances are that I would be the only person that'd like it too, and that's entirely the point.

Scifish, a desaturated, highish contrast skin would be brilliant, that's if you're into taking requests. :wink:

Cheers

choci

Angstroms Skin

Post by choci » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:07 pm

Hi

where can I check Anstroms green skin? also thanks for your 5 skins scifish

ChOci
Leeds Uk

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:11 pm

green skin post from other thread

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=88

that thread has some clues in it about how to begin editing, but Alex has requested that we don't give too much away about the internal structure ... or make a 3rd party skinning app.

Alien Leg

Post by Alien Leg » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:56 pm

Very cool Martin!
I've always wanted a Logic like skin, but there is one thing missing in logique: The dark/black font colour make it unusable. If you could add a white or bright color for the fonts like in Logic it would be perfect!
Win XP Pro SP3, Live 7
Q9450@3.2Ghz, 4 GB RAM,
BCF2000, M-Audio Audiophile 2496, Mindprint TRIO

hivemind

Post by hivemind » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:31 pm

hello,

sorry to be a retard, but i'm having a problem putting these skins in the right place.

can someone show me the filepath for OSX 10.4.3 (e.g. /computer/applications/Live 5.3/resources/skins/ ), please?

thanks,

hive-0

scifish

Post by scifish » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:36 pm

Alien Leg wrote:Very cool Martin!
I've always wanted a Logic like skin, but there is one thing missing in logique: The dark/black font colour make it unusable. If you could add a white or bright color for the fonts like in Logic it would be perfect!
i tried. when i did, the live skin was unusable. you have to make a lot of compromisses, it's not possible, sorry.

best regards,
martin

hivemind

path is os x

Post by hivemind » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:46 pm

well as soon as i posted my question, i found the correct path. go figure.

anyway here it is for the mac-oids:

Applications/Live 5.0.3 OSX/Live --> cntrol-click to Open Package Contents --> /Contents/App-Resources/Skins/

...that's the folder you dump the skins into. don't replace the folder with the one you just dl'd cause it has all the Ableton skins in there too. again, you just move the skin files (.ask)

hive-5

choci

thanks angstrom

Post by choci » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:24 am

for your custom "green" skin

ChOci
Leeds