live ..logic ..rewire

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
no sun

live ..logic ..rewire

Post by no sun » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:46 pm

hi..first have some message from logic when ruunning in slave mode..
but read the manual and did what it says and ..no message anymore...
.but im just able to ear what im doing in Live in a Logic track ( after changing the ch to mixer l , r or bus..), but i can´t record... as for xample i can do working whit arturia storm in slave mode and record to live...

anyone who works whit logic and live and knows what should i do?

thanks

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:37 pm

Hi no sun,

I'm not sure if I understand you right.
But it seems there's a misunderstanding concerning the audio data flow when using ReWire.
The audio data from the ReWire slave is always routed to the ReWire master but there's no audio data flow from the ReWire Master back to the ReWire slave.

So if you use Logic as Master and Live as Slave you can hear & record the audio coming from Live just in Logic.

Recording from a ReWire source in Live is just possible when Live is running as ReWire master. But together with Logic it's not possible because Logic runs always as ReWire master.

regards,
Alex

no sun

Post by no sun » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:13 pm

hi ..tanks for ansewring...

and im sorry just for replying this day ..but i just could get to the net now... but u say i can play and record what im doing in Live in Logic ?..cus is that what i want ...and im just being able to play ..but not record.... so how can i do it?... i want to record as a track and move to where i want that sound.. , in the beggining of the song or in the middle...,

i just wanna to do this cus don´t wanna to render to dick everytime and then import to logic.....

anyone can tell me if this possible..playing and imediatelly record live in Logic?

harb

Post by harb » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:41 pm

no sun,

Are you asking if you can just record Live onto an audio track in Logic?

You must "Bounce" Rewire channels in Logic as far as I can tell.

Below is a link with some instructions for Rendering Audio from a Rewire application within Logic.

http://www.propellerheads.se/support/re ... html#15197

Hope this helps,

harb