Another beta is available: Live 5.0.3b5!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
craw

Post by craw » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:23 pm

thanks for the MIDI fix ... now I have no more excuses for not making music ... thanks again
craw

krikor

Post by krikor » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:25 am

Anyone has checked for the famous random digital cracks on render? i'm a bit stuck right now on some work as the only soution i have is to rewire everything in logic and start over my mixes. Anyone noticed any improvement regarding this?

Nod

Post by Nod » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:19 pm

krikor wrote:Anyone has checked for the famous random digital cracks on render? i'm a bit stuck right now on some work as the only soution i have is to rewire everything in logic and start over my mixes. Anyone noticed any improvement regarding this?
Must admit I haven't had anything like this Krikor - I take it you've tried strapping a decent limiter across the outs, or resampling? You could maybe even try the freeware Tape It as a short term solution - whatever gets the mix finished...

http://www.silverspike.com/?Products:TapeIt

krikor

Post by krikor » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:34 pm

Nod, thanks but i'm talking about a known bug that is here since 5.01, and no limiter ot tape simulation can help.
Ableton, please you know what problem i'm talking about.
Users anyone has seen ant imrovement in those beta?
On one of my track i didn't realise the bug was present, now all i can do is use a declicker as the mix was done in a external mixer with external effects... i don't want to switch to the beta version now, unless there is an improvement on that.
So??

madlab

Post by madlab » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:40 pm

krikor wrote:Anyone has checked for the famous random digital cracks on render? i'm a bit stuck right now on some work as the only soution i have is to rewire everything in logic and start over my mixes. Anyone noticed any improvement regarding this?
Also randomly get digital clicks on some exports. doesn't seem to be related to one plug in in particular. also, since upgrading to 10.3.9, I get more 'live has unexpectedly quit' messages... when I quit !
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

krikor

Post by krikor » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:00 pm

Ok merci,
i won't install the beta yet then maybe beta6!!!

sonsofthehounds

Post by sonsofthehounds » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:45 pm

had a random thing happening on a track that was sitting at around 60%-70% on the cpu meter when it would suddenly rocket up to 130-150% and the audio stutters as if all out of sync and half the speed. This would happen when i alter one track, say the plug-in or something. I can't be any more definitive than that. It did not happen on any particular track at any particular time.

Re-booting live would not solve the problem, only re-booting my powerbook and re-starting live and loading the track at it's previous state.

What was very strange was this......when i would launch the preference pane within live with the track playing when it was playng the audio would correct itself for the time it took from me pressing the 'ext' button to the pref page showing on the screen, then it would go back to stutter hell!

I experimented with 'macjanitor', an application that performs clean up tasks within os x and after a run of 'daily tasks' the problem was also eliminated.

some sort of preferneces issue?

this track is quite a demanding track but not ball busting....bout 20 tracks, 6 ableton instruments, plug ins on most tracks, 3-4 at most. No multi channel support although i am using the cpu intensive 410.

Is this some sort of preference problem that I have or is it an issue to be addressed in live.

My system is pretty clean and i have a user account set up for specifically music apps with all the trimmings done under info from this page

http://emusician.com/mag/emusic_tracking_big_cats/

check this out for mac users, pretty good.
macbook 2.16 ghz, live 6...studio with gear now gathering dust.

Fred Givens

Post by Fred Givens » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:15 pm

To my ears so far, the clips recorded with monitor IN sound just like I played it. The clips recorded with monitor OFF sound just a tiny bit little earlier than I played them...(which this monitor OFF behavior was exactly the same in 5.0.2).

Even though monitor OFF clips are (technically) still a little earlier than they should be, they are still quite usable, IMO.
yes, the signal is flying backwards in time.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:26 pm

Now in 5.0.3 we can bug Abes to get the monitor OFF behaviour more like the monitor IN behaviour. In 5.0.2 we had wanted the other way around. :lol:

Anway the gap is narrowing by a long shot. While OFF was close, in 5.0.2 neither setting was really dead on. Now the monitor IN setting seems about as close as you're going to get (if not perfect).

I don't know whether to beg for that final tweak or not. We've got a really good thing going here...don't want to mess it up. :wink:

bleakbard

Post by bleakbard » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:36 pm

In beta 4 and 5 I'm getting SEVERE occasional MIDI timing glitches when I expand a folder in the browser or move the scroll bar.

No such problem in 5.02.

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:38 pm

Oops.

Prev post was me. Housemate had left his puter logged in

leandro

Post by leandro » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:34 pm

any chance that u will fix the audio drop outs that some of us ar having when launching a scene, a clip, or moving something (and make us impossible to play live with this soft) ?
iMac i7 - Macbook Pro i7 - Motu 8pre FW + 828 MKii - SSD HD

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:55 pm

Splashmas (aka bleakbard),
In beta 4 and 5 I'm getting SEVERE occasional MIDI timing glitches when I expand a folder in the browser or move the scroll bar.
Could you please explain this a bit more detailed and on which computer platform do you use Live?

leandro,
ny chance that u will fix the audio drop outs that some of us ar having when launching a scene, a clip, or moving something (and make us impossible to play live with this soft) ?
Does this means the beta behaves for you like Live 5.0.2?

regards,
/Alex

leandro

Post by leandro » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:01 pm

alex,
no... a couple of weeks ago i zeroed my HD and reinstalled tiger & live.. since then, live is beheaving much better (still having those problems though)... so i didnt want to install the beta till i know if there was some improvement related to my problem

i mean that i dont wanted to spoil the improvements with the new tiger installation if the new beta hasnt been optimized regarding to this issue... so, has it ? does it worth for me to install it and try or it would be better to wait ?

thnx for the quick reply
iMac i7 - Macbook Pro i7 - Motu 8pre FW + 828 MKii - SSD HD

shurik

Post by shurik » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:53 pm

Alex wrote:
Does this means the beta behaves for you like Live 5.0.2?
for me yes, I tryed beta5 and get the same hickups..If its not the programm, I wonder if something is maybe wrong with my HD? or rather the RAM?
what do you think could be responsible for the "drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt" hangers?