Another beta is available: Live 5.0.3b5!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
supster

Post by supster » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:59 am

timothyallan wrote:
supster wrote:
blank wrote: the "absynth 3 sticking note in live only and it piss me off totally" bug
:P yeah i have that one too
ahhh, cool, I'm not the only one!

no, you're in good company i think its pretty much ... everybody with absynth :wink:

--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

nolus

Post by nolus » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:36 pm

poshook wrote:Sampletank 2 issue not corrected in 5.0.3 :cry: :cry: :cry:

description:

Midi track with Sampletank2 stop responding and it is not possible to revive it with other VSTi (until restarting Live). After this bug Live5 usualy show bug report and crash imediately.

I sent description of this bug several times to your support without answer.

I am sad because I must using Live 4 instead of my Live 5 (it is more than 4 months). Live 4 has no problem with ST2... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm using sample tank ok with 5.03 except on very memory hungry patches.

Have you downloaded the 2.1 upgrade? It's well worth having.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

no_barcode

Post by no_barcode » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:46 pm

supster wrote:
timothyallan wrote:
supster wrote: :P yeah i have that one too

no, you're in good company i think its pretty much ... everybody with absynth :wink:

I don't own Absynth anymore, but when I did I also had this same randomly sticking note problem in a variety of different hosts, like: Cubase SX, FLStudio, Orion Pro, and Live. It was the same with all Absynth versions too (1.xx - 2.xx and likely the lastest version as well)
M1 Max 64GB RAM 4TB SSD; Volt 1; Push 3 Standalone

poshook

Post by poshook » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:13 pm

timothyallan wrote:
supster wrote:
blank wrote: the "absynth 3 sticking note in live only and it piss me off totally" bug
:P yeah i have that one too
not only one ... same here

poshook

Post by poshook » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:14 pm

nolus wrote:

description:

Midi track with Sampletank2 stop responding and it is not possible to revive it with other VSTi (until restarting Live). After this bug Live5 usualy show bug report and crash imediately.

I am sad because I must using Live 4 instead of my Live 5 (it is more than 4 months). Live 4 has no problem with ST2... :cry: :cry: :cry:

yes, Sampletank 2.1.1 but with Live 5.0.2... did you have no problem under 5.0.2 too?

Nod

Post by Nod » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:50 pm

Just a quick note on 5.03b5:

Thanks Abe's, and everyone else that persisted, on the MIDI! Especially to Alex :D

Haven't had a chance to really put it's through it's paces as yet but so far my impressions are:

Fired up 5.03b4 - load up drum track, laid down a few synth lines, monitoring in, playback results in timing as loose as a strippers knickers.

Fired up 5.03b5 - load up drum track, laid down a few synth lines, monitoring in, playback results in..<drumroll>.....what you actually played!

For Live to be a functional and fully fledged DAW, along with all the other great features, MIDI timing and faithful reproduction of performance using MIDI is of prime importance. So again - thanks everyone!

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:47 pm

Nod wrote:, playback results in timing as loose as a strippers knickers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:53 am

:lol:

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:56 am

this is excellent news, a big thank you from me as well. I havent actually used this beta yet but sound like things are getting back to form, ive read that the cpu usage is lighter as well (that true?).

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:13 am

CPU seems maybe a just a little better here, not a huge difference but better.

Main thing is, I'm not seeing those occasional huge CPU spikes now and then as my arrangement runs along.

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:52 am

blank wrote:feel free to correct the "absynth 3 sticking note in live only and it piss me off totally" bug in 5.03

thx
I get that one in Live and Logic, FWIW. Only thing that's crap about Absynth, I can never be sure that the track I bounced will actually render or not.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:41 am

mcconaghy wrote:
blank wrote:feel free to correct the "absynth 3 sticking note in live only and it piss me off totally" bug in 5.03

thx
I get that one in Live and Logic, FWIW. Only thing that's crap about Absynth, I can never be sure that the track I bounced will actually render or not.
A lot of the NI stuff has bugs in it - Guitar rig & Reaktor spring to mind. Did you kontakt NI?
Last edited by djsynchro on Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nolus

Post by nolus » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:10 pm

poshook wrote:
nolus wrote:

description:

yes, Sampletank 2.1.1 but with Live 5.0.2... did you have no problem under 5.0.2 too?
i did once get a problem where it stopped responding, but i can't remember what version it was, it was quite a while back now, might have been 5.01

main difference between 5.02 and the new beta seems to be better memory managment, meaning i can play more voices for longer before it starts to crack up because of swap file activity.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:53 pm

djsynchro wrote:
mcconaghy wrote:

thx
A lot of the NI has bugs in it Guitar rig & Reaktor spring to mind. Did you kontakt NI?
Yep, NI are aware of the problem, and have been for quite some time, if you look at their forum.

ian hands

ERROR MESSAGE

Post by ian hands » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:10 pm

I have received this error message a number of times using 5.02:

"Apparently, the document was created by a more recent, and incompatible, version of LIVE than this."

The set is then unopenable so all work is lost :evil:

Sent email to the beta testing, but thought it should be mentioned on here too.

(sampletank problem maybe?)