Beta of upcoming bug fix update available: Live 5.0.3b4!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
sidownes

Post by sidownes » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:42 pm

no fix for tracks randomly unfreezing themselves in 5.0.2?
http://www.thesoundofyoungamerica.com
http://www.myspace.com/soundofyoungamerica

MacBook Pro, guitars, Live Suite 8.2, launchpad, iphone

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:47 pm

Hi sidownes,

can you please explain a bit more detailed what kind of bug or problem do you mean?

thanks and regards,
/Alex

sidownes

Post by sidownes » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:25 pm

Hi Alex,

I'm not sure whether I'm currently working on any sets where this happens but in some 5.0.2 sets in the past I've frozen a track to save processor, normally with a guitar rig or operator on it, then after some more work on the set the track will unfreeze and start eating up my processor again. I haven't reported this before but thought I'd read of another user experiencing the same.

Thanks
http://www.thesoundofyoungamerica.com
http://www.myspace.com/soundofyoungamerica

MacBook Pro, guitars, Live Suite 8.2, launchpad, iphone

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:35 pm

Hi sidownes,

we did not explicitly fix such a bug within the Live 5.0.3 beta so far but it is always possible that it was a side effect of another maybe fixed bug.
So in any case it would be helpful to check if you can reproduce this in Live 5.0.3b4 too.

thanks and regards,
/Alex

mgoulet666

Post by mgoulet666 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:09 pm

Alex-

Thanks for your quick responses to all the ?'s on the 5.0.3b4 beta. Unfortunately, I am not a registered user (yet)- I'm still waiting to see if Ableton will implement more of the changes users have suggested regarding MIDI mapping certain controls.

For example, the "Select on Track" issue that was partially fixed in 5.0.2 (if the Clip View loses focus due to volume slider, etc, the clip is not selected) as well as being able to select a clip without launching it. Were these issues addressed in 5.0.3b4?

The other popular request was the ability to map the "del" key to a MIDI or key command. Has this been taken care of?

Thanks a lot!
Matt, Boston, MA
Last edited by mgoulet666 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roby

Post by roby » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:38 pm

sidownes wrote:Hi Alex,

I'm not sure whether I'm currently working on any sets where this happens but in some 5.0.2 sets in the past I've frozen a track to save processor, normally with a guitar rig or operator on it, then after some more work on the set the track will unfreeze and start eating up my processor again. I haven't reported this before but thought I'd read of another user experiencing the same.

Thanks
you know what, i experienced this too a few time with 5.02, but i though i was imagining things. i rarely freeze so i never paid much attention. i'll re-test again with 5.02 and the beta...

krikor

Post by krikor » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:40 pm

anybody knows if this fixed the random digital clipings that occurs with ableton5?

Nod

Post by Nod » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:29 pm

Just a quick note to say thanks to the Abe's for all their hard work on this...:D

Just installed 5.0.3b4 and noticing major performance gains - even at the lower latencies. I've just run a 42 channel mix (with eq, fx & unfrozen VSTi's) that in 5.0.2 would just fall over, successfully for the first time in any v5.x. at a 128 buffer. Memory and even softsynth performance also seems improved with far less crackling and glitching. Haven't had a chance to really batter the MIDI timing, and a few other issues, as yet but just for the above improvements alone would like to extend my thanks.

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:32 am

Excellent - very encouraging to read this thread.

I'm at work currently however I'm looking forward to applying this patch this evening.

Thank you Abletons.

Cheers
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:33 am

yeah apparently we had been using it incorrectly due to some inconsistencies and now when we bring these songs into 5.0.3 the follow actions don't do what they used to cause now they are "fixed" which is frustrating but I think I understand that we used to be using it wrong because they used to not work right and now they work right so the using wrong doesn't sound right? if that makes sense.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:37 am

mgoulet666, get midistroke and you can map a midi note to the del key.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:37 am

Hi Johnisfaster,
yeah apparently we had been using it incorrectly due to some inconsistencies and now when we bring these songs into 5.0.3 the follow actions don't do what they used to cause now they are "fixed" which is frustrating but I think I understand that we used to be using it wrong because they used to not work right and now they work right so the using wrong doesn't sound right?
...........yes, I guess.
And you should get a copyright for this sentence too :)

regards,
/Alex

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:45 am

humphrey b. appleby is a alive and well and living in this forum.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:11 am

yeah i was fully aware at how totally fu**ed off my sentence structure was. :)

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:56 am

Johnisfaster wrote:yeah apparently we had been using it incorrectly due to some inconsistencies and now when we bring these songs into 5.0.3 the follow actions don't do what they used to cause now they are "fixed" which is frustrating but I think I understand that we used to be using it wrong because they used to not work right and now they work right so the using wrong doesn't sound right? if that makes sense.
Voted "technical sentence of the month" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vey excited we're heading for 5.03! Will install the Beta this afternoon & have a good tweak.... :P