Anybody getting Live to "poof" and disappear ?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Tosh

Post by Tosh » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:58 pm

I get the poof disappear all the time...

All i have to do is leave live alone for a while, go down make a coffe, come back in 15 mins and live has vanished from my pc.

I restart it and it recovers the track i was working on but it's very annoying.

I have found a workaround.. everytime I leave the pc now i loop a small section, mute the output and let it run.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:06 pm

This sounds like it could be Live crashing due to some weird power settings. Maybe you're computer is trying to hibernate?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:45 pm

parma wrote:Alex,

I have had this "poof" happen several times when changing presets in various plugs (the Imposcar AU being the biggest culprit).

I have just sent you an email describing the actions leading to the crashes and the crash logs.

I'm on OSX 10.3.9
Actually, windows too..........and it does seem to be a preset thing.........mostly on wave arts masterverb/trackplug for me.....

ps, how do you do the crash logs.........?

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:38 pm

eyeknow,
Actually, windows too..........and it does seem to be a preset thing.........mostly on wave arts masterverb/trackplug for me.....
Please provide us with more information, like the version of Live you use, the version of the Plug-in and what you have to do to get it to crash.

regards,
/Alex

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:26 pm

hi alex,

live 5.02/xppro/amd 4000+/audiophile 192/2 gigsram

WaveArts Masterverb/Trackplug(5.08)
Ni B4II/Elektrik piano
Liquidbass
Vintagewarmer
Drumcore (loops only though........probably doesn't matter)

To reproduce, open live
open any set........have something playing or recording
change presets

This is very instermitent for me.........maybe 5% of the time?
Masterverb seems to be the worst one............but that plug does it in other hosts!

I wrote onto this thread simply because it's happend to me the way some others have descrbed, so I'm not sure how much help my explanation with be.

How do I get this "log" others are talking about?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:31 am

Still getting some "poof" action from time to time........just to bump this up again............

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:30 am

Hi eyeknow,

sorry for the delay.
To reproduce, open live
change presets
So you get this with the latest version of the MasterVerb plug, which seems to be 5.0.8?
Where do you change the presets, via the the menu within the MasterVerb or via the "arrow" buttons?

It is one of the advantages of OS X to provide such crash logs so it is an OS X only issue. On Windows Live beta versions only have something similar because it makes the application a bit slower and can therefore no included in a final release.

regards,
/Alex

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:42 am

Alex wrote:Hi eyeknow,

sorry for the delay.
To reproduce, open live
change presets
So you get this with the latest version of the MasterVerb plug, which seems to be 5.0.8?
Where do you change the presets, via the the menu within the MasterVerb or via the "arrow" buttons?

It is one of the advantages of OS X to provide such crash logs so it is an OS X only issue. On Windows Live beta versions only have something similar because it makes the application a bit slower and can therefore no included in a final release.

regards,
/Alex
Mostly from the plugin's presets, and the left/right "next" as opposed to the preset drop down.

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:54 am

eyeknow,
Mostly from the plugin's presets, and the left/right "next" as opposed to the preset drop down.
Do you get it a least once if you try it ..let's say for 5 minutes with a Live set containing only one MasterVerb and some audio tracks with playing/recording clips but no other VST-plug-ins?

regards,
/Alex

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:14 am

When you say "get it" do you mean having things play without the poof until I change a preset?

The answer would be yes. AND usually when I reload it will work while changing presets.

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:19 am

eyeknow,
When you say "get it" do you mean having things play without the poof until I change a preset?
No, in that case. "Get it " means "Get it to crash".
The answer would be yes. AND usually when I reload it will work while changing presets.
I'm just looking to find a way to get it to crash too. I changed the presets a while but everything behaves normal so far.
So the question is, what is the easiest way to get it to crash concerning the preset change on the MasterVerb?

regards,
/Alex

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:14 am

Alex, I so appreciate your help, but unfortunatly, I don't have a dead set get to crash way. I realize how annoying that is.