** SoundWrecks for osx AND PC ***

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinate

** SoundWrecks for osx AND PC ***

Post by Machinate » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:13 pm

Hello Abletonites!

We finally finished our pc installer for SoundWrecks, and it's available at:

www.TheCovertOperators.com

More Simpler, Impulse and FX device chains than you'll know what to do with, 400 drum loops and 3000 drum clips.
Go get it!

Demos and freebies at our site.

Cheers!
Andreas
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Cone

Post by Cone » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:42 pm

Great stuff! Got the Mac version yesterday. However, as a PC user for almost 20 years, I was kind of wondering about your choice of using RAR instead of ZIP as the archive format for the PC version. (I guess it still is RAR; I couldn't get the site to load for checking this).

Not that RAR isn't a good archive format, but ZIP still wins by volume. Also it would make things easier for Windows XP users (I don't think the compressed folders feature in XP understands anything else besides ZIP, but I may be wrong).

adfish

"Covert" and loving it

Post by adfish » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:05 am

An amazing value for the incredible amount of content/possibilities! I use it every day. Hats off to the talent behind this inexpensive addition to Live.

quandry

Post by quandry » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:17 am

Cone wrote:Great stuff! Got the Mac version yesterday. However, as a PC user for almost 20 years, I was kind of wondering about your choice of using RAR instead of ZIP as the archive format for the PC version. (I guess it still is RAR; I couldn't get the site to load for checking this).

Not that RAR isn't a good archive format, but ZIP still wins by volume. Also it would make things easier for Windows XP users (I don't think the compressed folders feature in XP understands anything else besides ZIP, but I may be wrong).
WinRar is free (at least for awhile) and works great for me....
http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

distraub

Post by distraub » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:52 pm

I still can't get to the site...
can you possible send me information in email?

alex@negativeformat.com

although I don't think I would be able to download it... I have tried many times but have never been able to get to www.thecoveroperators.com
Last edited by distraub on Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinXP 3GB RAM
Motu Traveler
Live 8.1

distraub

Post by distraub » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:53 pm

I get this error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, support@b-one.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
WinXP 3GB RAM
Motu Traveler
Live 8.1

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:47 pm

hey people! I'm so sorry you're having problems, but please, write to support@ ableton.com instead - We are definitely having problems, our provider is no use, and until we can do a complete move set up we will have to make do. Unfortunately this currently works as a kind of queue, so if it's online, you should go for it :-)

Why, it's online right now.

Meanwhile, if any of you are really good at the whole php thing we really would like to talk to you !!!

EDIT: I must be really tired... I wrote send your support questions to ableton... I don't think they'd like that ;) I obviously mean support@thecovertoperators.com..
Last edited by Machinate on Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

sqook

Post by sqook » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:24 am

Machinate wrote:Meanwhile, if any of you are really good at the whole php thing we really would like to talk to you !!!

You know, I used to program PHP professionally... :) Send me an email. I could probably help you guys out.