Misteri Soundwaves

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
interceptor

Misteri Soundwaves

Post by interceptor » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:36 pm

Hi all!

My band Simulcra have the oppurtunity to play on a big showcase for unsigned bands in Norway. It's called by:larm. The track we made is called Misteri Soundwaves and it's a funky 80's electro track with vocals by myself.

The track is made in Live, instruments used are: Novation Nova for bass and some stabs. Korg Polysix VST for C64 leadsound. Linndrum samples from hyperreal (but proccessed to the max by me) to make the beats. Only Live effects used. Mastered with Yamaha Final Master.

But..... we need votes. At this time we have 2 votes i think :-) (one for each band member). 2 out of the top 5 bands will get a chance to play on this event. In addition to the 30 bands already picked out.

So if you would be so nice and have a listen to our track and vote, we would appreciate it very much.

http://www.bylarm.no/mp3catalog.php?q=s ... rder_type=

To listen press the speaker icon.

To vote press the Stem! button.

You need to have popups allowed to vote. When you press the Stem! button a little window appears, and you have to enter the letters you see in the above window.

Thanks everybody, and I hope you like the track....

Christian

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:18 pm

Ok.. I won't beg for votes.

But why not have listen to the track and tell me what you think.
Is it too cheesy for all you idm people out there?

I have already got alot of positive feedback on the song. And I'm thinking of releasing it on a 100-500 ex. promo or something.

Is it something you would spend money on if it was pressed on vinyl?

The only element that's not produced by ourselves is a classic congaloop sample. All made in Live.

Strauzzie

Post by Strauzzie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:31 pm

I like it.. the sounds are pretty interesting.. the snare drum kind of kills it for me though. I understand that it may be a typial 'electro' snare, but I think it's too BIG for the rest of the track, kind of dates the sound as opposed to sounding throwback. (if that makes sense).

the synth sounds at the end of the track work well together, but the vocals kind of get drowned out.