SDK for third party devs

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
noisegeek

SDK for third party devs

Post by noisegeek » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:00 pm

It might be useful to provide some sort of SDK or GUI builder for third party plugin developers. I really like Live's method of integrating instruments and effects into the main interface, and it would would be nice if other devs had the option of supporting it.

Oh, and consider this another vote for AAC/mp4 support.

crustrock

re: SDK for third party devs

Post by crustrock » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:19 am

yes! that's exactly my thought.
maybe the possibility to create skins for third party au/vst plugins via xml with a set of "standard" buttons, knobs, faders etc. to allow the use in a more like live manner ..
Live 7.0.14, NordLead 2, BCF2000, M-Audio FW Audiophile, MBP C2D

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:52 pm

i was thinking this myself just earlier today, i downloaded supertrigga, opened it and was immediatly put of by the side to side sliders.

they just dont do it for me. pots and buttons will be cool

woodie

Re: SDK for third party devs

Post by woodie » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:54 pm

noisegeek wrote:It might be useful to provide some sort of SDK or GUI builder for third party plugin developers. I really like Live's method of integrating instruments and effects into the main interface, and it would would be nice if other devs had the option of supporting it.

Oh, and consider this another vote for AAC/mp4 support.
yeah....I think that's a great idea esp. since Live already incorporates it's own unique features and interface. Open up the gates a bit and let the plugins start flowing.

Imagine: VSTi...DXi....and now LVi :D A whole new cult would begin!
Live 7.0.18 : www.tarnce.com

Cone

Post by Cone » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:46 pm

My thoughts exactly. To be able to create Audio Units that have the Live instrument style GUI á la Simpler/Impulse/Operator.

Actually Ableton should add support for DXi in Windows and do the GUI thing for both AU and DXi, and VST too, if it is technically possible.

But it may well be that "SDKifying" the current GUI controls is difficult if they weren't designed that way originally.

woodie

Post by woodie » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:54 pm

right....that's why they should come up with their own SDK instead of using VSTi or DXi. Ableton's SDK = LVi.

Then, imagine....other developers can start building their DLL's or Applications using the Ableton Live interface model! It would not only be for plugins, but can be full apps or utilities that compliment Live.

BUT! for the start...LVi plugins (instruments & effects) built for the Live interface only - would be extremely cool and open up a whole new world for Live! 8)
Live 7.0.18 : www.tarnce.com

Fred Givens

lucky dudes//mad about 95 grey skins and one blue one

Post by Fred Givens » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:31 pm

having a forum like this must be a good way to get alot of good ideas together. how bout something that lets you make skins for live, incase you're not a fan of 50 different shades of grey, green, or blue. no seriously, is germany just GREY like ALL THE TIME or something, half these skins look exactly the same, my theory is the german eye is adapted to different shades of grey and sees them as colors. what_is_going_on