PCDJ DAC-3 NOW Ableton/MIDI COMPATIBLE

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
PCDJSpYdeR

PCDJ DAC-3 NOW Ableton/MIDI COMPATIBLE

Post by PCDJSpYdeR » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:15 pm

http://www.pcdjhardware.com/DAC3.asp

The new DAC-3 (Digital Audio Controller) is a high-end hardware control unit that has been designed especially for today's working DJ, live performers and the most demanding applications.
The USB 2.0 connection provides a lightning fast, realistic real-time feel. With the addition of MIDI capability, the DAC-3 is ready to go out of the box with any MIDI compatible application.
Whether it's a DJ program or Live Sequencing application, the DAC-3 will give you the hands on tools needed to make your performance as professional as possible, with out the need for a keyboard or mouse.
So take a step into the future with the DAC-3. With its super cool, blue LCD's and unmistakable PCDJ look, the new DAC-3 is the ultimate digital control surface.

The DAC-3 will begin shipping September 2005. A limited quantity will be available on this first release. To avoid loosing out on your DAC-3, place an order today or call your local dealer.

Fast USB 2.0 Plug and Play connection
3U standard 19" rackmountable
Midi compatible
Looks and feels just like a dual CD Player
Easy to use interface for any kind of DJ
One button beat match
One touch access to the looper
Sliders control Pitch or Volume
Mix now button cross fades into the next track
Once touch reverse button
One touch access to cue points
Play and sample or loop in reverse
One touch complete control of effects
No need for mouse and Keyboard
True instant start
Create loops and Cue points on the fly, perfectly synced every time
Displays for Players A and B
Play any sample or loop in reverse
Jog wheel to search for songs in recordcase, set cue points and easy loading
Lockable Pitch for both players, makes sure you are never out of Sync
12 volt power supply
Works with RED VRM/BLUE VRM/ FX

Any one interested please send me a PM

Going home to play! 8O

inis

Post by inis » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:24 pm

Im really sick of people coming on here to advertise. Did this moron even look at Live and realize what kind of software it is. That "controller" has no use.

PCDJSpYdeR

Post by PCDJSpYdeR » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:02 am

inis wrote:Im really sick of people coming on here to advertise. Did this moron even look at Live and realize what kind of software it is. That "controller" has no use.

First I want to make it clear. I am not advertising. When a tool is found that make the use of an application better, I feel that it's every users position to tell all other users so they can experience the same joy.

I may at times resemble a moron but not this go. Thx for the welcome to the boards and responding! I appreciate intelligent discussions.

There are some that are using Ableton live as a Dj software of sorts. That is why there is a dj template available that offers the ability to create 2 decks. I'm sorry you have not ventured that far into the software that you knew this. Audio applications have a broad use. I use ableton to create drops and sweepers for internet radio. I also use live, well live on my broadcasts. I have seen a few of the controllers that work with this product and always wondered why no one released a Pro quality dj controller for this app.

I'm up and running now. Each feature is configurable on the controller. All components can be mapped to specific components of the DAC-3.....Thus some but not all of the features can be programmed into the DAC-3

I'm glad that I had this opportunity to clear this up. If you'd like to ask more questions regarding this product please feel free to either email or post here.

clipperer

Post by clipperer » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:17 am

looks pretty ql

kramer

Post by kramer » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:25 am

Why no crossfader?
It's hard to see spending that much when I still have to use my X-Session anyway. I'd rather spend the cash on a Faderfox.
Explain how I would set that up in Live and what I would use it for to make things any easier in Live.
It seems much more suited to Tracktion.
:?:

PCDJSpYdeR

The Pitch slider can be used as.......

Post by PCDJSpYdeR » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:30 am

a cross fader! That's how I've go it set up now.

SpYdeR

SimonPHC

Post by SimonPHC » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:13 pm

just two decks?

and alot of labeled buttons that have no direct midi fucntion in live? (reverse immedialty? right, this action will stop audio ...)

a good live controller, for me, needs at least six 'mixer tracks' ...

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:51 am

Wow. That would really help me with my home theatre. I'll just hook that between my 1980 something panasonic tv, and my old hand-me down computer speakers. Too bad I fucking hate tv and watch dvd's on my monitor.

Meanwhile, any $100-$200 midi interface will be better welcome for Live. In fact, if I had a pc, I would just use the macros unavailbale in the osx nosotros speed pad, and knock out all of the basic encoutrements for $30.

PCDJSpYdeR

What I've found thus far

Post by PCDJSpYdeR » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:28 am

Wow! I have to say this is the coldest welcome I've received from any board I've ever visited.

What I've had the most fun with is adding individual tracks to each one of the 1-10 cue buttons. This gives me 20 tracks per console. Then unlimited key assignability.

I use multiple MIDI controllers per show. This is just one to add to the studio.

Now rather than bashing me, find a friend that has one of these units, better yet find your local dj shop that has one of these units and find the excitement for yourself!

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:56 am

Hmmm... Is there something to this device? I can't find it yet. I don't have time to spelunk though. Could you possibly elaborate on how these twenty or so buttons are more useful then say... tewny assigned keyboard keys? I just don't get it, but to be honest all I have on my mind are Lemurs...

(tapping my vein frantically...)

Edit:

Oh yeah... we are usually very nice, but the way you have presented this is sort of comes like:

Dude- I sell really specialized equipment, and uh, I think you might be able to like, use it and stuff...

But now that you are getting more specific, I am really starting to lighten up to your
effort to expand our awareness of a potentially "wicked" product, but uh- I dont get it?!!

inis

Post by inis » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:13 am

Sorry for the cold welcome man, but you being an ableton user im amazed you would even offer this thing up. There is absolutely nothing it can do that one or two midi controllers half as expensive can do on the market. Sorry, just not going to work for live.

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:15 am

inis wrote:Im really sick.
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8

PCDJSpYdeR

Lofa.......

Post by PCDJSpYdeR » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:26 pm

So quick to pass judgment.

I'm not Dude uh-like uh and stuff.

Don't know where you getting that. Even though I may work for the company that sells this I'm not trying to force any opinion on any one. I produce music and work on internet radio on my personal time. This Tool is not specifically designed with midi in mind. It's design is that of a dual CD controller for Dj's by Dj's. Again a Dj related tool not specifically designed for production.

The twenty buttons I was referring to is just the beginning. In total there are 132 assignable keys, 2 sliders and 2 jog dials.

My apologies if I came of the way you stated. I personally don't see it but hey I guess opinions are like a$$holes every one has one!

I again use Ableton for a variety of tasks. Not only production but for live performance for an internet radio station.

The devices is what it is. If you cannot see how you could implement this device into your studio or live performance, then me explaining it wouldn't do any good.

Good luck in your lemur search.

SpYdeR

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:48 pm

don't worry PCDJSpYdeR, there are some really agressive people here but no doubt you'll find people interested in your product.

Some here hate DJs, so whatever makes Live look like a DJ app to the newcomer, makes them think they'll be associated with DJs.

some hate politics on the board, some hate newbies question, but hold on, they're the same guys ! :wink:
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8