{OT} New Orleans Vs. Iraq

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
claudek

{OT} New Orleans Vs. Iraq

Post by claudek » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:22 pm

I keep on seeing this mess on tv and on web news pages about Katrina and its' mess trailed down in New Orleans and Gulf area and think how
sad but all this chaos of looting, flooding, dead bodies floating down streets and disorganized control..Why is the US Govt so busy on out of country problems and should more on home problems and issues..This is a major mess and police are under numbered and there is not enough security in this dangerous city. Amzaing how this city or waits for a disaster when this could have been far worse but very little is ever planned to deal with a mess.It just shows me next major event of disaster, terror or whatever, cities are not prepared.Meanwhile in Iraq, US soldiers are fighting for ??
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:24 pm

because the president is on vacation.

computo

Post by computo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:26 pm

I find it utterly shocking that New Orleans was so unprepared.

How long must this have been coming, that they could have shored up the dikes, and protected from the flooding?

simply pathetic...doesnt help that Bush cancelled all disaster aid for LA two years ago.

robtronik

Post by robtronik » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:33 pm

its stupid to tie Bush and Iraq into a discussion about a Hurricane and the breaking of levees.

I know., let's also blame the space shuttle exploding on Bush and Iraq as well since we are at it.

:roll:

rob.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:42 pm

by putting Bush in the same circle of any and all tragedy and disaster in the world is like giving him more power and credit then he deserves

People who hate Bush find it way easy to just blame him for everything - dumb da dumb dumb

but whatever - it's a act of nature and something's in life you will never ever be prepared for - ever

so get over it and think about what YOU can do to help the people in need instead of blaming, why not donate some money, volunteer your time or just get on your knees and pray

Instead of cursing the darkest be a fucking light!

peace in the middle east

Ad
Last edited by djadonis206 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

robtronik

Post by robtronik » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:27 pm

much better response than mine. Well said.

I'm grumpy today. My apologies.

:)

rob.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:49 pm

My brother moved away from New Orleans two years ago. He said that with most of the city below sea level and insufficient shore defenses, catastrophic flooding was an accident waiting to happen.

American gas-guzzling SUVs, greenhouse gases, and the growing hole in the ozone layer probably didn't help, either.

claudek

Post by claudek » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:49 pm

I am not blaming Bush. I am blaming the Government system and people who should be working to help control and be better prepared. Of course we cannot control tomorrow and what can happen by Mother Nature..we can though have more security , more national guard and so on..There is very little going on down there as I am told..If this was Washington, there would be tanks everywhere, armed security like NYC after 911.
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

computo

Post by computo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:57 pm

I suppose we shouldnt blame the state of the economy on Bush either, or the crippling energy crisis he and his cornies have gotten us into.

No one is saying he caused the hurricane, but he has stiffled the ability to get aid to the victims, in advance, without considering the possibilities at stake.

We'll see who's blaming who when all of New Orleans is scrapped, because no one could get flood insurance thanks to pnac lobbying of powerful republicans.

DJSK

Post by DJSK » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:03 pm

Bush actually declared the strike areas of the hurricane disaster areas before the hurricane even hit.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:15 pm

I don't know - something seems really fucked about this

We're looking for someone to blame and people in NOLA are homeless, dead, lost everything they love etc etc and we're looking to point a finger at something or someone

You know, you're the only thing standing in your way of making a difference - people point fingers all day but wouldn't take the necessary steps to make a change

I'm a lazy motherfucker but the old lady's like we should go down there when it's cool and volunteer to help (fuck that, I got music to make and kickin's it to do) but I got family down there and I can't get a hold of anybody because the phone lines are down - and I'm sitting here at my little job looking at music gear and participating in music discussions - while 10's of thousands of people can't even eat, wipe there ass with toilet paper or call to let someone know they're ok - I don't know, maybe I should do something (!)

I'm not going to point fingers I'm going to try my hardest to help

wow - didn't know I cared so much :) Carl Cox for President of the Free World! - there that's better

Adonis
Ableton | Elektron

Music

computo

Post by computo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:41 pm

mmm....disaster areas, huh? Interesting...

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... _n10176537

Im answering my own questions here...

Maybe there wouldn't be as much death and destruction, right now, if Bush hadn't consistently refused to give proper funding for Flood provention in NO.

"WAH, WAH, theres a tragedy going on and all you people want is to hold someone accountable!! We should be prayin'!! "

Grab a water pump and a life preserver and get down there,
ye of so much wherewithall.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:02 pm

Someone controls the budgets. The budgets control the projects completed. The projects completed control the damage. Easy math, and as far as I can tell, Republican (and in some cases, Democrat) budget cuts are the answer for the inadequate aquaducts...

But I think Claudek's main point is that we as a nation are busy "liberating" Iraq instead of liberating our own. Folks are dying in the American inner-city every day from violence, starvation and disease.

Claudek is saying that Katrina and the waves is just putting it all in perspective.

I really never expected this, though. I was always looking towards L.A. as the next major disaster (quakes). I'm looking at images that are only 8 hours away from here that look like a bad movie about the apocolypse.

I hate bush more than most, but I don't blame him. I blame my fascists fellow Amerikans that put him and devils like him in office. Remember - he ACTUALLY won the election this time. I'm STILL fucking in disbelief. :roll:
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

netchaiev

Post by netchaiev » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:04 am

he's sayin' that we're good at going somewhere to "help" or mess other people, while we can't prevent or damage-control areas in the country that weKNOW are gonna be hit!!
What was appaling to me is the majority of POOR people being crushed... Some footage were like Africa not America, you dig? That's to me the most frightening thing... and they're scared of looting????? The last blackout in NYC, no one were looting - of course! no poor live in NYC no more!!!!
my 0.2 €
MBP 2011/i7/10.8/Live 8 Suite/M4L+Launchpad+TF+KorgNano.
http://soundcloud.com/netchaiev
http://www.vimeo.com/user408737

psilosly

Post by psilosly » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:09 am

From what I've read, New Orleans should have been abandoned years ago. Now they finally have an "In your face" reason to do so.