BCF2000 Edit devices with no programming!

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Pasha

Re: BCF2000 Edit devices with no programming!

Post by Pasha » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:26 am

longjohns wrote:
rpc9943 wrote:i like this a lot but hate pressing shift to arm and record... any workarounds?

RonC
theoretically you can build something like this from scratch exactly as you want it

in practice, I just use the handy parts of the BCF emulation, and do the rest on the computer keyboard. (like record, hehe)
I confirm that it's possible.
I have programmed a preset that emulates Mackie without entering Mackie Mode and hence no shift to press... you decide what's best for you.
Beside this you have all the other presets avialble for other usage like Plug-In control or external hardware control.
The only thing you loose is the sync between the led rings and the real value. If you got time to spare, join the yahoo BCF2000 group it seems that they discovered the internal BCF2K language and you can restore that functionality...but I'm no programmer so..

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:03 am

Pasha wrote: The only thing you loose is the sync between the led rings and the real value.

and therefore also the faders?

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:09 am

longjohns wrote:
Pasha wrote: The only thing you loose is the sync between the led rings and the real value.

and therefore also the faders?
No. Faders are ok.
Motorized Faders are always in sync. Touch Live mixer and Faders move.
Led Rings are not in sync. When in Mackie Mode the BCF2K is programmed to
receive the DAW situation. This is because the V-POTs are at
the same time Pan (0 is 63), Send (0 is 0) and FX Controls (0 is 0).
If only I had time to get into the details of BCF own program language...

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

Soundscapemusic

Post by Soundscapemusic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:19 am

Hey everyone! i need help fast! So i just got my BCF 2000 TODAY! NOW. im having a real hard time setting this up!?
Heres what i did, plug in my BCF to the wlal, plug it into my computer, computer automatically makes driver. yay.

NOW, im running windows vista x32. i hopped on over to this computer to download any updates/firmware, emulation templates etc etc.. FIRST OFF ITS EXTREMELY CONFUSING so if anyone can lead me to what i am looking for it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! secondly, i tried one of the updates but says my version of windows is not supported? :S please dont tell me the drivers arent vista x32 compatible. ill cry, and no one wants that...

Any help? also, which emulation should i use!? ahh all i want is to control live with the BCF like a mixer with transports/arm/solo/mute etc etc....! help mee :(

Soundscapemusic

Post by Soundscapemusic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:18 pm

ok ok, so after reading the manual about a thousand times ive figured out how to create presets for each knob! wicked. now next goal. if i want to have all 8 channells on preset one, then slide over to the next 8 channels on preset 2 (and so on and so on) would i just map channell 1 on preset 2 to the slider on channel 9 in live? would that let me do what i wanna do? so basically everytime i create a track, when i get to the 9th channel, slider one on preset 2 already knows where to go.

also, read an article about the motorized faders. something along the lines of them getting killed if yu mess with it too much while its doing its thing. mine seem to jitter slightly once i go from one position on the level to the next. any idea?

Soundscapemusic

Post by Soundscapemusic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:10 pm

anyone?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Soundscapemusic wrote:everytime i create a track, when i get to the 9th channel, slider one on preset 2 already knows where to go.
you're putting the cart before the horse.

you get preset 2 on the BCF assigned with midi channels and CC#s.
track 9 isn't created, where would you assign it?

I made mine for 8 tracks. automap excels for the type of setup you're talking about. automap for most devices (BCR included so I assume the BCF is the same) stops at 8 tracks though.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Soundscapemusic

Post by Soundscapemusic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Soundscapemusic wrote:everytime i create a track, when i get to the 9th channel, slider one on preset 2 already knows where to go.
you're putting the cart before the horse.

you get preset 2 on the BCF assigned with midi channels and CC#s.
track 9 isn't created, where would you assign it?

I made mine for 8 tracks. automap excels for the type of setup you're talking about. automap for most devices (BCR included so I assume the BCF is the same) stops at 8 tracks though.
What i meant was, when you create 8 tracks in ableton, channels one through eight on the BCF on preset one automatically go to zero. What i wanna do is, when i create 16 tracks in ableton lets say, preset one and two are rigged for all 16 tracks? possible?

Im having a realll hard time setting this up.. :( huge bummer, do you or anyone on the post have msn maybe? so we can chat an dgo through this? realy need some help.. im beginning to unwravel the manual but its soo confusing

chawchaw

Post by chawchaw » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:37 pm

thank for good listing

guanche

Post by guanche » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:11 am

Hello there!

Just one question: Do you guys know if it's possible to jog through the arrangement with a knob? Or something similar?

If you say yes... i will fly to the shop!!

Eloheim

Post by Eloheim » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:25 am

guanche wrote:Hello there!

Just one question: Do you guys know if it's possible to jog through the arrangement with a knob? Or something similar?

If you say yes... i will fly to the shop!!
Yea if i remember right the mackie emulation stuff does that. Go to the yahoo group for the "bcr/bcf 2000" (or whatever its actually called) and look in files for two presets for controlling ableton with mackie emulation, I'm almost positive they have that. I'm sure there's also a link of some of the threads here to copies of it too. Search the forum here for "bcr2000" and/or "mackie emulation" or "Mackie mode" and there's a couple monster threads on this stuff.

guanche

Post by guanche » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 am

Something weird...

I just bought a BCF2000 (2nd hand...) and everything works OK in cubase mode but the faders! when i move them, virtual live fader moves too (yeee!!) but after 2 secs BCF's fader returs to the bottom, everytime...

Does anyone else have this problem?
Solutions?

Thnx in advance!!!!

Ahh! hey Pacha, can you share that preset that you have made?!

guanche

Post by guanche » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Problemn solved!!

Just have to select mackie control classic...

jamief

Post by jamief » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:44 pm

:)
marc