These Crazy Conspiracy theorists...Rave to this

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
computo

These Crazy Conspiracy theorists...Rave to this

Post by computo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:31 pm

Crazy...Until they come to get you!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/22/13030/7546

In the words of one of my Idols, YOU HAVE BEEN DECLARED THE TERRORIST

computo

Post by computo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:47 pm

oh yeah, heres the video

trash

Post by trash » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:53 pm

a minor event in the grand scheme of things...
check out your countries mass murders from this and last century....

computo

Post by computo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:02 pm

You fucking stupid slave.

This is US.

This is US, you simple minded fool.

http://utah.indymedia.org/uploads/utah_ ... tality.mov

Watch this and say that you piece of shit.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:07 pm

that's pretty intense ...

It reminds me of the battle of the beanfield from a few years back when the Uk government decided to crush the travellers in the UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Beanfield
Kim Sabido described the scene to the camera thus:

"What we, the ITN camera crew and myself as a reporter, have seen in the last 30 minutes here in this field has been some of the most brutal police treatment of people that I've witnessed in my entire career as a journalist. The number of people who have been hit by policemen, who have been clubbed whilst holding babies in their arms in coaches around this field, is yet to be counted... There must surely be an enquiry."

When the ITN news aired this segment, Kim Sabido's narration was removed, as were some of the more violent clashes from the footage.

a first hand account http://tash.gn.apc.org/sh_bean.htm

let me tell you, the travellers and the festival scene never recovered. It was becoming a really 'alternative' way of life before that - separated from the mainstream. They stopped that. brutally.
Last edited by Angstrom on Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

computo

Post by computo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:10 pm

trash wrote:a minor event in the grand scheme of things...
check out your countries mass murders from this and last century....
would you consider the "most brutal police treatment of people that I've witnessed in my entire career as a journalist" Minor event also?

what WILL get you up in arms!?!?
Last edited by computo on Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

milfbait

Post by milfbait » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:16 pm

I can't even believe it. I would think it was a hoax if it weren't for the link to the gov't website. Sounds more like a police state than a democracy. Of course Utah is backwards hell hole anyway, so I can see how it would be possible for the blantant disregard of the constitution.

computo

Post by computo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:53 pm

bump

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:12 pm

Angstrom wrote:It reminds me of the battle of the beanfield from a few years back when the Uk government decided to crush the travellers in the UK
I know people that were there, and have seen footage from an illegal video that shows a screaming, pregnant woman being dragged through a broken bus windscreen by two baton bearing police officers. That was SERIOUS shit, and somrthing that the UK public are largely unaware of.

This footage from Utah is REALLY chilling though, as many people as possible should see this! And read the account.

Fuck, we all need a revolution, we should all start to globally stand up to all this bullying, maybe people will start to realise that we all really do live in very thinly diguised dictatorships.
Last edited by Martyn on Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tokyojoe69

Post by tokyojoe69 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:13 pm

I can't freeeeekin believe that!!!! It just looks unreal. Why do they need to use that much man (and gun) power to break up a couple of kids having a party. FUCK THE SYSTEM!!!

quandry

Post by quandry » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:14 pm

wow, that sucks ass. My friend recently held a festivel in Pomfret, CT called "the stone bear". Great place, great music, 300-400 people peacefully having a good time. Same deal as in Utah--permits were properly aquire, EMT contracted and on site, everything on the up and up. Sadly, one asshole cop on a power trip shut the whole thing down during the headliner, The Duo. As far as anyone can tell, this fucking douchebag wasn't even on duty, and the EMT people heard NOTHING on the police scanner about noise complaints or anything. This douche basically must have heard the music at 10:30 at night from his home, put on his uniform, and came out to break up the party. He drove on site without his lights on, went right past the staffed entrance, and marched right up towards the stage to try and start pulling out cables. He said there were noise complaints and threatened to start searching people if the music wasn't stopped immediately. Since the promoters hosted the festival on their own private land, they feared siezure and pulled the plug, can't blame 'em. So I guess all it takes is one asshole cop on a power trip to kill a festival--geez, Utah went a bit overboard with the chopper, tear gas, beatdowns, camo, and assualt rifles. I like how the sheriff's statement tries to imply that they were responding to rape complaints from prior events--right--he must have George W's cabinet helping make up his bullshit reasons for being a dick.

link to the Stone Bear story:
http://www.thestonebear.com/Statement.php
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

trash

Post by trash » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:45 pm

yes .. yes its bad and all that
but like i said very minor compared to the mass murders you country has commited abroad..
the death squads
the million people killed in indonesia installing suharto
the crushing of nicaragua etc... etc.... etc... etc...
no one was killed for a start
it doesnt surprise me in the least..
its about time this sort of thing happened perhaps
at least it might wake up the fucking middle american rednecks a bit..
mebbe they might realise what the fuck is happening...

by the way
unless you want a fucking kicking yourself
i suggest you watch the way you speak to me fuckface...

quandry

Post by quandry » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:05 pm

trash wrote:yes .. yes its bad and all that
but like i said very minor compared to the mass murders you country has commited abroad..
the death squads
the million people killed in indonesia installing suharto
the crushing of nicaragua etc... etc.... etc... etc...
no one was killed for a start
it doesnt surprise me in the least..
its about time this sort of thing happened perhaps
at least it might wake up the fucking middle american rednecks a bit..
mebbe they might realise what the fuck is happening...

by the way
unless you want a fucking kicking yourself
i suggest you watch the way you speak to me fuckface...
easy there. I thought this thread was against violence and anger :? Please enlighten me on the "million people killed in Indonesia"--link to a legit story??? I think you might want to consider the UK's history before getting on your high horse. We've only been around about 400 years as a country, yours has been around much longer and conquered many lands in a much more brutal way, with no political agenda, just out to conquer the natives and pillage the land for resources. Saying "its about time that something like this happened" is a horrible statement--why don't you call the concert promoters and people who were beaten and robbed of their rights and tell them that--really considerate. Sounds like the same type of thing has happened in the UK, where it could've been you. Still think "its about time"? C'mon, ease off on the violent threats, promotion of actions like those of the Utah police, and slagging other countries as if yours was faultless.
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:21 pm

I think it is important to clean up at home before you start criticising the mess in other people's homes. Especially these days when the Melting Pot is calling the kettle black when it boils over*. Terrorism is a bad thing whoever is responsible for it and whatever form it takes. This happening so blatantly in the US is a very, very worrying thing IMO. Someone said after the first attacks in London this year that "We will not allow violence to change our societies"; whilst he probably meant that he didn't want society to change our violence, I think we should keep the fascists to their words, now that they've decided to pay lip service to democracy ;)

-Paws

*Sage Francis - "Makeshift Patriot" - legit MP3 download from his label's site.

coldmachine

Post by coldmachine » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:24 pm

The dicks had no insurance despite claiming they did. They had no licence, no fire compliance, there were drunk minors etc etc. Ive seen far far worse at a Celtic and Rangers match. Just a bunch of fag assed red neck banjo playing bitches who got slapped by the man