Unrequited Love

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Emissary

Unrequited Love

Post by Emissary » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:55 am

Hey all

I just told mt best friend that I loved her, And she isnt even attracted to me. There is nothing quite like the pain of unrequited love. You wouldnt think that stuff like this should happen. But anyway IT DID!! . My body is quite numb at the moment. Quite why I am telling this to a group of people I have never met before, is beyond me. Just thought i would share.

Obineg

Post by Obineg » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:04 am

this can be a lifechanging thing , make sure you change it for the better . . .

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:19 am

Fate has gotten me through some pretty tough times in the past.

If something is meant to happen, it will, but with my own personal caveats. First, you can't force something that isn't mean to be. Secondly, you can't just sit around and expect things to happen.

You gave it your best shot. It wasn't meant to be. I'm not religious, but sometimes I do believe there is a superior force that guides us. I happen to call it fate.

There is a great community on this forum. Like you, I feel strangely close to people all over the world I haven't even met.

We're with you, dude.

Bone

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:31 am

hambone1 wrote:Fate has gotten me through some pretty tough times in the past.

If something is meant to happen, it will, but with my own personal caveats. First, you can't force something that isn't mean to be. Secondly, you can't just sit around and expect things to happen.

You gave it your best shot. It wasn't meant to be. I'm not religious, but sometimes I do believe there is a superior force that guides us. I happen to call it fate.

There is a great community on this forum. Like you, I feel strangely close to people all over the world I haven't even met.

We're with you, dude.

Bone
Thanks man

DJRetard

Post by DJRetard » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:12 am

Didint you see any signs?

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:35 am

some words about love (even if they aren't too optimistic) are all this forum needs.

be strong Emissary, some things take time, some other never happen, but you learn from all.

amo

Re: Unrequited Love

Post by amo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:54 am

Emissary wrote:Hey all

I just told mt best friend that I loved her, And she isnt even attracted to me. There is nothing quite like the pain of unrequited love. You wouldnt think that stuff like this should happen. But anyway IT DID!! . My body is quite numb at the moment. Quite why I am telling this to a group of people I have never met before, is beyond me. Just thought i would share.
Cheers mate. Turn this in good music making to please our ears :wink:
Stay up !
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:03 pm

I've had moments of feeling completely tiny at the hands of a girl, swearing I would remain celibate forever, only to months later have her come in to my bedroom one night and ask if she could sleep in my bed, take of her trousers and get in, and let me lick her clitoris.

So dude, ya never know with women, they operate differently, you could be obliviously sitting around one day and have her bash your door down, jump on you and shag you senseless.

Dont despair mate, one day you might be wishing she'd fuck off out of your way and let you make music.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:13 pm

that was soooo romantic forge. :D

EARLGREY

Post by EARLGREY » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:16 pm

....if only we could get our hands on their source-code...

SethAbare

Post by SethAbare » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:16 pm

I used that feeling as inspiriation for music, and I could only urge you to do the same. It's good to work through your pain in a way that is constructive. For me it didn't really feel constructive until I finished the project and looked back on it. It was nothing quite as simple or sad as I thought. In the end I came away with knowing that I had grown as a person because of my experience. Had I not had a creative outlet I may have just sank deeper into the bottle and the bowels of the dirty clubs and bars.

As for some kind words that might get you through this, I have none. Nor would I pretend to be your friend, the answers you seek aren't external, they are internal and they can be soothed for a while by the banter of strangers, but that should not be the codine for your toothache. You should learn to live with it, and in my experience that pain will make you a better person. Unless you mischannel it into self-destructive behavior.
splashtunes.com

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:43 pm

peeddrroo wrote:that was soooo romantic forge. :D
:lol: It's this rugged Australian Lifestyle- it makes you like this!

Romance? Pah, just get us that beer would ya woman?

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:44 pm

forge wrote:

i want a visa!!!

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:47 pm

peeddrroo wrote:
forge wrote:

i want a visa!!!

Yeah right!! You the frenchiest of the french wiv yer romance here and yer romance there..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

colin_h

Post by colin_h » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:03 pm

i hear that...
similar doings over here.
and i'm sure this has been/is/will be
felt by just aboutevery member on the board-
maybe not the specifics, but damn!
that sucks when you put your feelings
out to someone and have them
1- gently handed back to you, or
2- chucked to the ground and repeatedly stomped.
the only solace i can offer is
'this too shall pass'

:?

good luck, man
..-