Navigating midi clips in Push3 Standalone- how?

Discuss Push with other users.
mrweasel

Navigating midi clips in Push3 Standalone- how?

Post by mrweasel » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:25 pm

Hi
I can see the option to zoom in/out but it’s hard to access midi notes towards the middle/end of the clip.

Is there a way to scroll through events and have a follow play head mode you turn on/off?
Or simply a knob you can use to move left/right while in zoomed in state?
I can’t figure it out

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Navigating midi clips in Push3 Standalone- how?

Post by [jur] » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:35 am

You can use the jogwheel to navigate the content of a midi clip. When (a) note(s) is selected you can use the zoom encoder.
You can also use the Sequencer Layouts to select notes from the pads, but that's not always a very fun technic as the clips get longer.
Ableton Forum Moderator

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:39 am

ok thanks. But is there a way to navigate from left to right with some encoder or button when you are in the zoomed in position?
If there isn't it would be a gross oversight that Ableton would need to fix in a firmware update.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:45 am

As I said it's the jogwheel that does notes navigation... which can be quite tedious with long clips I reckon.
Ableton Forum Moderator

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:48 am

But in my case anyway, if you keep turning that wheel, not only is it not necessary what one wants, as you may have something selected but want to compare with notes more to the right, but also it does not move anything on the screen, so as you turn more to the right when you are zoomed in, screen doesn't follow/update to show what elements are selected even.