Live 10 Skins

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
OLO

Live 10 Skins

Post by OLO » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Live 10 seems to be cool, but where are all the skins that i have in live 9 ?
I need my disco skin back without any editing with max or anything else ;)
please hand in later.....
And why you change the colors from the Function Buttons like mute etc.. from orange to yellow ?

greetz...

mxcreep

Re: Live 10 Skins

Post by mxcreep » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:01 pm

For me it's the clouds theme I'm missing :(

It's all dark stuff now...

OLO

Post by OLO » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 pm

I hope Ableton react soon and give us back our favorite skins :)

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 am

You can try copying the old ones into the new L10 themes folder but you'll notice many of them will have invisible buttons.
Eg the old Calcium skin which I've used for about 10 years is now dead because the dark grey play arrow in the transport now sits directly on the dark grey frame. In L9 the transport buttons had a light grey "button" background.

Well, thats a shame and a little weird that they didnt give the transport controls their own colour parameter but I did roll my own version of Calcium which does work.

You see L10 skins are in human readable XML, while L9 skins were in the language of the robot people. So, there's every chance that somebody will make a version of every old skin soon. I know there was a user who made a skin editor app during the beta, and with the themes being XML a web app will be relatively easy and I'd expect one soon. Not from me, I've got better things to do!

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:14 pm

Yes, where's the clouds skin? Been default since very early days, the default skins are either so dark or the one light one looks boring.

bryantewell

Post by bryantewell » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:51 pm

I love Live 10. I had to work through the minor kink of the MIDI driver for my audio interface making Ableton 10 but, once I figured it out that was a super easy fix.

My main problem right now is that the Clip view grid is slightly lighter than the arrange grid. Arrange grid is perfect, clip view grid is a little hard to see, and honestly the Clip view grid is plain more important than the arrange grid (to me at least,) so if anything I need darker lines.

Can't seem to fix this issue. I've dug into the XML files a bit, tried several methods of editing (including the OSX app Pelt which is pretty neat,) but I can't seem to find any parameters that effect any grid lines. I was thinking there might even be some kind of transparent color over the whole thing washing out the contrast but I just don't know enough about exactly what things effect what. Kind of at a loss but I feel like I can't be the only person who has this issue. I'm a 30 year old that doesn't need glasses...

G-Pop

Post by G-Pop » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:26 am

bryantewell wrote:I love Live 10. ...

but I feel like I can't be the only person who has this issue. I'm a 30 year old that doesn't need glasses...

WOW!!!
Now, THAT will make them want to help you out!

G Pop
Live10std. Win8x, 8G ram, Scarlette 2i2[1stGen] & ASIO[2ndGen]-KorgN5, M-audio MIDI, various guitarz!
Without skillz, we're all just Monkeys with Shotguns!