Anyone want to do an Ableton Live set for us?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tom b.

Anyone want to do an Ableton Live set for us?

Post by tom b. » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:41 am

Hi All,

We at http://www.bodytonicmusic.com are doing a night called 'Digitonic' once a month over the summer which is basically a night of house music without any vinyl being used........

The set can be anything from a Live set to a DJ set ...... Ableton, Tracktor, Final Scratch etc.

We are looking for international guests etc. to play....Heres a taste of what kind of atmosphere our night has http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/video/theo parrish april 2005.wmv

This video was taken from when we had Theo Parrish down to play at the club

The music policy is HOUSE from deep to jackin ........ To be honest we are not that interested in prog, trance etc.....

Give us a shout if interested & we can discuss the matter further!!

RePeter

Post by RePeter » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm

hi tom, looks interesting.

if you do anything around brighton or london (im very lazy and cant be bothered to travel far).

i play breaks mainly, but with a lot of tech house as well.

if you have anything lined up in my part of the world, let me know. would love to visit even if im not playing.

Peter
MBP 2.4 & a shit load of Faderfoxes!

jahnlay

Post by jahnlay » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:40 pm

Hi Tom,

would love to visit Ireland to play. I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa. I play funky breakz and deep house. Please can you send me a mail to layered@discoverymail.co.za so that I can get my details to you.

Thanks,
Chris

:D
"It's better to burn out than to fade away!"

calunga

Brazilian

Post by calunga » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:04 pm

"International DJ" means brazillian?? 8O Can we have a talk?

djcalunga@hotmail.com

Main influences are:

Moodyman / Azymuth / Salsoul Orchestra / D. Krivit / MFSB / MAW / Brass Construction / Crown Heights Affair / Fatback Band/ Kasso / Julius Papp / M.O.D.. just to name a few...

AndrewDuke

Re: Anyone want to do an Ableton Live set for us?

Post by AndrewDuke » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:35 am

tom b. wrote:Hi All,

We at http://www.bodytonicmusic.com are doing a night called 'Digitonic' once a month over the summer which is basically a night of house music without any vinyl being used........

The set can be anything from a Live set to a DJ set ...... Ableton, Tracktor, Final Scratch etc.

We are looking for international guests etc. to play....Heres a taste of what kind of atmosphere our night has http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/video/theo parrish april 2005.wmv

This video was taken from when we had Theo Parrish down to play at the club

The music policy is HOUSE from deep to jackin ........ To be honest we are not that interested in prog, trance etc.....

Give us a shout if interested & we can discuss the matter further!!
Hi, Tom. I'd be down for doing a live house pa with ableton live. I'm in Halifax NS on the east coast of Canada, so cheap plane fare from me to you and back. Bio and other info here: http://andrew-duke.com
Thanks. Take care. Andrew

tom b.

Post by tom b. » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:55 pm

Thanks to everyone who has replied here and also those who PM'd me. I will reply to you all individually.

Hope you all enjoyed our Theo Parrish ...... we've had guys from Chicago, Detroit & New York remarking how it brings back memories of what the Loft, Gallery and Paradice Garage clubs were like back in the day for atmosphere & crowd response tothe music.......

We were hoping for more of a response from more 'established' & 'name' deep house producers/dj's that are using Ableton & maybe Tracktor, Final Scratch etc. so if anyone knows of any let us know.

Thanks,
Tom

You are all welcome to drop in and say hello on our busy Forum ...... tell us what ya are at in your house ........

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:35 pm

tom b. wrote: We were hoping for more of a response from more 'established' & 'name' deep house producers/dj's
Uh huh. Why exactly? Does being famous make your music better? How about giving a non-established nameless producer a shot?

This is indicative of the electronic music culture - talent is irrelevant, reputation (deserved or not) is all that matters. What a farce. This is the #1 reason I've given up gigging.

By the way, the "big names" don't waste time on these forums like us lowly nobodies.

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

minimal

Post by minimal » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:22 pm

montrealbreaks wrote:
tom b. wrote: We were hoping for more of a response from more 'established' & 'name' deep house producers/dj's
Uh huh. Why exactly? Does being famous make your music better? How about giving a non-established nameless producer a shot?

This is indicative of the electronic music culture - talent is irrelevant, reputation (deserved or not) is all that matters. What a farce. This is the #1 reason I've given up gigging.

By the way, the "big names" don't waste time on these forums like us lowly nobodies.
W O R D

tom b.

Post by tom b. » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:55 pm

montrealbreaks wrote:

No it doesn't make the music sound better ..........they just fill the club. At the end of the day if we are paying for flights, hotels rooms etc. we gotta get people through the door. Nobody is gonna pay money into the club to hear somebody they never heard of. That just the way it is in Dublin. Sorry for the slight but i didn't write the first post correctly. I didn't intend to diss anybody & i am sorry i ever wrote the thing in the first place.

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:08 pm

tom b. wrote:No it doesn't make the music sound better ..........they just fill the club. At the end of the day if we are paying for flights, hotels rooms etc. we gotta get people through the door.
Understood. When money's on the line, you don't fuck around.
tom b. wrote:Nobody is gonna pay money into the club to hear somebody they never heard of. That just the way it is in Dublin.
That's the way it is worldwide dude. Unfortunately.
tom b. wrote:Sorry for the slight but i didn't write the first post correctly. I didn't intend to diss anybody & i am sorry i ever wrote the thing in the first place.
For me, appology accepted. Understand that this "big names only" reality is a real bee in the bonet of a lot of folks who put 110% into their music but can't 'bust out of the bedroom' if you know what I mean.

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

tom b.

Post by tom b. » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:45 pm

montrealbreaks wrote:
tom b. wrote:No it doesn't make the music sound better ..........they just fill the club. At the end of the day if we are paying for flights, hotels rooms etc. we gotta get people through the door.
Understood. When money's on the line, you don't fuck around.
tom b. wrote:Nobody is gonna pay money into the club to hear somebody they never heard of. That just the way it is in Dublin.
That's the way it is worldwide dude. Unfortunately.
tom b. wrote:Sorry for the slight but i didn't write the first post correctly. I didn't intend to diss anybody & i am sorry i ever wrote the thing in the first place.
For me, appology accepted. Understand that this "big names only" reality is a real bee in the bonet of a lot of folks who put 110% into their music but can't 'bust out of the bedroom' if you know what I mean.
cheers...........Why we are looking for 'names' is because at the end of the day we have to fill the club......reality for us is we cant do all the things we want without being someway attractive to regular punters and its big name producers/dj's like Theo Parrish that attract the crowd

Peace,
Tom