Capture Ableton performance including external instruments?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ahlstrominfo

Capture Ableton performance including external instruments?

Post by ahlstrominfo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 pm

I want to record the audio output of my performance in Ableton Live, how do I do that best?

Usual I add a track with "Resampling", but since I add new tracks and instruments with push the "Resampling" cuts off and it starts playing the recorded output.

On top of this I have some external instruments, microbrute and an eowave titan, that is has one track each with Monitor set to "In"

Any thoughts?
My old signature was pretty stupid, so I changed it to this one.

timday

Re: Capture Ableton performance including external instruments?

Post by timday » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Normally with ext insts I record them onto an additional audio track with the input monitoring set to "off" (so you don't hear the instrument doubled during the actual performnce). I set the track input to the output of the ext instrument.

ahlstrominfo

Re: Capture Ableton performance including external instruments?

Post by ahlstrominfo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:23 pm

timday wrote:Normally with ext insts I record them onto an additional audio track with the input monitoring set to "off" (so you don't hear the instrument doubled during the actual performnce). I set the track input to the output of the ext instrument.
The problem with that approach is that I want to record multiple channels at once, and also be able to add new tracks with the push.
i.e. I want to record the analog equipment throughout the whole song and then improvise and add tracks with the push.

Feels like I need to use soundflower or similar to be able to do this.
My old signature was pretty stupid, so I changed it to this one.