How to upgrade to Live 2 - some remarks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bernd

How to upgrade to Live 2 - some remarks

Post by Bernd » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:48 am

Because we got pretty much mails about how upgrading is working, I will explain some things here. Please read it carefully before you contact as. Important things are marked with "ATTENTION".

ATTENTION: To get Live 2 - Steps 2) to 4) - your old Live 1.x must be unlocked once, otherwise you will not be able to get your upgrade.

1) Unlock Live 1.x
------------------
If you have already unlocked your Live 1.x you can go directly to Step 2). Otherwise:
- Install Live 1.x.
- Unlock Live 1.x like it is described in the dialog box.
- After you received your response key you are able to upgrade to Live 2, so go ahead with Step 2).

2) Upgrade to Live 2
--------------------
- Go to www.ableton.com and there to the "upgrade" page (In the column "products").
- On the upgrade page you have to type in your old 1.x serial number.
- Depending on when you have unlocked Live 1.x for the first time you will get a free upgrade or you have to buy it.
- In both cases you will end up on pages where you get your new Live 2 serial number and where you can download Live 2. Store this serial number savely because this identifies you as a legal owner of Live 2.
ATTENTION: If something fails after the received your Live 2 serial number you can always download the software in the download section by just typing your new Live 2 serial number.

3) Download Live 2
------------------
If something failed while upgrading and you already received your Live 2 serial number or you just want to download a version for another operating system you can download the current version at any time by:
- Go to www.ableton.com and there to the "downloads" page (In the column "products").
- Type in your new 2.0 serial number in the section "Live 2 updates" and download the version you need.
ATTENTION: Some users have reported about problems unstuffing the downloaded OS X version. This will be fixed soon, well, probably not before New Year because our Mac developers are on holiday. But try it if it works for you.

4) Unlock Live 2
----------------
- Install Live 2
- Start Live 2 and follow the descriptions in the dialog boxes.
ATTENTION: If you choose "Unlock offline" you will have to go to the website manually. There you have to type the new Live 2 serial number and the challenge code shown in the unlock dialog box. After pressing "Submit" the download of the challenge response code file will begin. If your browser is not starting a download but displays the challenge response code you have go back to the previous page and there follow the instructions below the download link.

ATTENTION: If something failes of the things described here please write to support@ableton.com. We will try to help you as fast as possible but please have in mind that there are some holidays.

Kind regards and enjoy Live 2, Bernd.
Last edited by Bernd on Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

esiegel

Live 2 install

Post by esiegel » Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:09 pm

Can I delete the 1.5x after a successful 2.x install?

Eric

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:01 am

Yes, you can.

After the first run of Live 2.0x all data from 1.5x (preferences, unlock data...) is copied and you can deleted (mac) or uninstall (pc) 1.5x without any problem. Same goes for all previous versions like all betas and so on...

Kind regards, Bernd.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

mannikin

synfony

Post by mannikin » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:45 pm

Hi;

In regards to the upgrade, I noticed there is an option to buy a boxed version vs. a downloadable version. Will I be able to get a manual with the downloadable version (PDF or otherwise)?

Thanks;
John

Live 2...dont wanna buy two?

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:38 am

I would like to know...Can I have Ableton 2 on more than one computer
without having to buy two completley new copies of Ableton 2? :?