waves vst not saved with live set

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mixerguy in seattle

waves vst not saved with live set

Post by mixerguy in seattle » Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:23 pm

Hello-

I am trying to use waveshell VST 3.2 for waves vst plug-ins in LIVE 2.01. I cannot seem to save any waves plug-in settings with a live set. When loading a saved live set, it states it cannot find the waveshell and all waves plug-ins do not re-load. :cry:

Anything I can do to remedy this?

System: Mac G4, Mac OS 9.04, 320 megs RAM, Tascam US-428 using 16 bit 3.05 ASIO drivers, Waves 3.2 Gold Native

mixerguy in seattle

is noone using waves VST plug-ins?

Post by mixerguy in seattle » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:28 pm

Still no response.... should I take this to mean NOONE is successfully using WAVES VST Plug-ins with Live 2.0? This a pretty major dissapointment for me unless there is some work-around....

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:12 am

Hi mixerguy in seattle,

as I mentioned in other post replies too, please have in mind that mostly the complete Ableton crew is in their xmas/new vacation.
Personally I cannot say so much to VST related things because it's not in m development range.
So I can just ask to have still a bit patience until the beginning of next year.

regards,
Alex

atom_b

Post by atom_b » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:30 pm

Hi mixerguy!

I'm using VB_ffx4 as a shell to have DXfx like waves working for me. It is apparently not possible to have Live doing the 'save my settings work' for you in this case. Maybe if the shell from itself would talk to some API for this in Live it *could* be accomplished, since Live is storing native VSTfx settings quite well.

I work around this using the store preset functions of the plug itself and save the files into the self-contained set. The other way is to use this function inside the shell (don't know if the shell you're using provides this function, if not, try VB-ffx4 - it never let me down!). Despite the fact that I have to load presets manually anyway every time I start the set, this works very well.

Maybe one day they'll support DXfx or waves goes VST ;)
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

mixerguy in seattle

vst waves?

Post by mixerguy in seattle » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:47 pm

I am using a mac, so the VBfx solution won;t help....is anyone using waves VST successfully with LIVE 2.01 on mac OS 9? ANYONE?

cheers,
CH

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:26 pm

Hey Mixerguy-Yes, I've finally got Waves 3.2 happening in Live 1.5.2 and then 2.01 from today successfully. What I had to do was re-install Waves and then when you start Live for the first time, even before it finishes opening , you unexpectedly get the Waveshell/plugin select dialog-DO NOT hit Cancel, just select any plug/hit ok/select and let Live continue loading. If you do this you should see your Waveshell in the VST folder and it operates normally.
Hope this helps,
mf 8)

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:20 pm

Mixerguy-sorry, you're absolutely right, Waves settings aren't saved and you get the 'can't find Waveshell' message. I hadn't read your post properly and was confusing it with another issue I'd had, ie Waveshell not showing up at all in the VST plugins list. Hohum, hope it's fixed soon, I'm not taking Live out live in the next few weeks so I can Rewire it into Cubase and use Waves there for now.
All the best,
nik

Hans

Post by Hans » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:36 am

We will look in to this and the problem should be fixed in the next bug fix update of Live.

Best Regards
Hans Möller