Push / Novation Remote Sl - Controlling Analog and Operator

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
selthym

Push / Novation Remote Sl - Controlling Analog and Operator

Post by selthym » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:39 am

Part question, part feature request, part request for some ideas.

I have a Novation Remote SL. Quite like the way it automaps with live's devices. To help get OTB a little more, when selecting an instrument, Analog or Operator, I would love to be able to reorder where each parameter is displayed. For Instance, for Analog, the first 8 parameters are:

Voices, PB Range, Volum, Octave, Semitone, Detune, Unison, Unison voices

I would like them to be

Osc1 shape, OSC 1 volume, Osc 1 Semitone, Osc 1 detune, Osc2 shape, OSC 2 volume, Osc 2 Semitone, Osc 2 detune,

It would be great to have the configure button, just like on VST's for this. My first thought was create an instrument rack for this. Great in theory, however for the oscillators, the instrument racks don't display the wave shape, just midi cc 1 - 127.

My questions are: Does Push display the parameters in a different way that makes it easier to program your own patches using push? Is there a way to reorder the parameters or a way to have an instrument rack display the wave shape?

If not, my feature request is for the configure button to be present for abletons native devices.

Do you know of any other ideas I could try to help with my workflow when trying to create my own patches with Ableton's devices using the Remote SL.