LEARN: Ableton Live, Reason, Protools

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:10 am

learnmusicsoftware wrote:My son uses Live also... probably better than most of you, no offense.
the "no offense" won't salvage such an underhanded statement.

you're not doing a very good job at making friends on this forum.
it might help if you go back and edit the posts made by your son, but also try not to offend the musicians on this board by comparing their hard work to a 14 year old.

learnmusicsoftware

Post by learnmusicsoftware » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:22 am

I said no offense!

Please do not gang up on me, I'm just here to contribute to the forums like all of you. I had a little mishap with my son using the computer, but that doesn't call for all of you to bash me and my business. I have feelings too.

I will not edit the posts made by my boy. By limiting his free speech I would be denying him of his first amendment rights, thereby disgracing the very freedom our children are fighting for over in Iraq. So although they may not have been the kindest messages, I feel he has the right to post them with out being censored.
Learn:
Ableton Live,
Reason,
Protools,
Mac OSX System
Professional Instructor: $60 per hour
YOU WILL LEARN
Beginner through Advanced welcome
Inqure about specifics: LearnMusicSoftware@yahoo.com
In Manhattan, NY

hitherto

Post by hitherto » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:40 am

No offense....but no wonder your son is an idiot....

Like father like son.

I said no offense!

learnmusicsoftware

Post by learnmusicsoftware » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:57 am

how are you helping the situation in anyway hitherto? be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Learn:
Ableton Live,
Reason,
Protools,
Mac OSX System
Professional Instructor: $60 per hour
YOU WILL LEARN
Beginner through Advanced welcome
Inqure about specifics: LearnMusicSoftware@yahoo.com
In Manhattan, NY

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:21 am

learnmusicsoftware wrote: I will not edit the posts made by my boy. By limiting his free speech I would be denying him of his first amendment rights, thereby disgracing the very freedom our children are fighting for over in Iraq. So although they may not have been the kindest messages, I feel he has the right to post them with out being censored.
don't first amendment rights go out the window when someone assumes the identity of someone else?

isn't that fraudulent?

if McDonalds put up a billboard (assuming the identity of Burger King) saying that Burger King upped the price of Whoppers to $15/ea, shouldn't that fraudulent public announcement be censored?

man you really are a piece of work!

hitherto

Post by hitherto » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:37 am

learnmusicsoftware wrote:how are you helping the situation in anyway hitherto? be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
but I said "no offense". What is the problem?

Really....I have no interest in helping you solve your problems, my only interest is in making fun of you because you have proven yourself to be an ass.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:49 am

" will not edit the posts made by my boy. By limiting his free speech I would be denying him of his first amendment rights,thereby disgracing the very freedom our children are fighting for over in Iraq . So although they may not have been the kindest messages, I feel he has the right to post them with out being censored."

This, boys and girls, is a CLASSIC trolling-approach. Watch how the skilled troll injects political ideologies into the unsuspecting forum. Watch, as the regulars lunge forward in an enraged counter-attack.

:roll:

So, whats your opinion on Macs vs. ps? 8O

minimal

Post by minimal » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:54 am

Former Pharaoh wrote:
By the way, for those interested, I am selling a refrigerator for 40 bucks.
I'll buy it if you teach me how to use it.
just tell me how much an hour lesson costs.

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:25 am

I must now step in and offically qualify this as the weirdest damn thread I have EVER born witness to in my tenure here on the Live forums.

And that inculdes the Live 4 pre-beta time period (albiet there are some doozies in there too).
I cant think of a sig

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:34 am

I teach etiquette :lol:

louZ

Post by louZ » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:36 am

learnmusicsoftware, you've just been officially Un-Pimped!

louZ

Post by louZ » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:38 am

No offense, that was just my 88 year old senile grandmother using my computer...

She is a very experienced Live user btw.

louZ

Post by louZ » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:51 am

I'm not going to delete her...

I'm against Youth in Asia

louZ

Post by louZ » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:54 am

learnmusicsoftware wrote:
I will not edit the posts made by my boy. By limiting his free speech I would be denying him of his first amendment rights, thereby disgracing the very freedom our children are fighting for over in Iraq.
Great, first the World Bank, now this :roll:

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:59 pm

learnmusicsoftware wrote:I need to respect his feelings and let him explore his creative side.
And boy, what a creative side it is! With creativity like that I BET he gets more out of Live than most of us. I'd just like to take the oppurtunity in this, the official Weirdest Thread Ever, to blame all my past and future indiscretions on this forum on my unborn son. Who is, incidentally available for hire at the going rate ($200/hr) for gigs. Weddings, parties, anything, and bongo jams a speciality.