Delete green clips only

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RECYCLE BIN

Delete green clips only

Post by RECYCLE BIN » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:44 pm

how Do i delete only green clips in my set ?

3dot...

Re: Delete green clips only

Post by 3dot... » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:19 pm

what shade ?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:28 pm

THIS WOULD BE A VERY SIMPLE THING FOR ABLETON TO WRITE I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DON'T IT WOULD BE SO SIMPLE AND EVERYONE WANTS THIS WHY DOES ABLETON HATE THEIR USERS SO MUCH AND MAKE SUCH BUGGY SOFTWARE THAT LACKS BASIC FEATURES LIKE DELETING GREEN CLIPS THEY WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS SOON IF THEIR NOT ALREADY OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEIR BEST CODERS WENT TO OTHER COMPANIES THAT MAKE BETTER SOFTWARE BECAUSE LIVE IS BEHIND ALL THE OTHER COMPETITORS WHEN IT COMES TO BASIC FEATURES AND SOUND QUALITY WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TAKE OUT ALL THE MAX4FORLIVE BUGS AND GIVE US STABLE SOFTWARE THAT AVOID THESE SIMPLE BUGS THAT ABLETON REFUSES TO ELIMINATE ALL THESE THINGS WOULD BE VERY SIMPLE TO DO BUT THEY WON'T BECAUSE ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY WHICH I REFUSE TO GIVE TO THEM ANYMORE NOT UNTIL THEY WRITE THESE FEATURES THAT ARE NECESSARY FOR A SOFTWARE PROGRAM TO BE CONSIDERED A DAW THAT EVEN BASIC DAWS HAVE WHICH WILL PUT ABLETON OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY ARE MUCH MORE EFFICIENT AND EASIER TO USE AND SOUND MUCH BETTER THAN LIVE EVEN A CHILD CAN UNDERSTAND HEAR THE BROWN HENKE DITHER THAT MAKES LIVE SOUND AWFUL IF IT HAD MORE FEATURES IT WOULD BE BETTER WHY CAN'T THEY DO THIS IT WOULD BE SO EASY.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ARDJ

Post by ARDJ » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Tone Deft wrote:THIS WOULD BE A VERY SIMPLE THING FOR ABLETON TO WRITE I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DON'T IT WOULD BE SO SIMPLE AND EVERYONE WANTS THIS WHY DOES ABLETON HATE THEIR USERS SO MUCH AND MAKE SUCH BUGGY SOFTWARE THAT LACKS BASIC FEATURES LIKE DELETING GREEN CLIPS THEY WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS SOON IF THEIR NOT ALREADY OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEIR BEST CODERS WENT TO OTHER COMPANIES THAT MAKE BETTER SOFTWARE BECAUSE LIVE IS BEHIND ALL THE OTHER COMPETITORS WHEN IT COMES TO BASIC FEATURES AND SOUND QUALITY WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TAKE OUT ALL THE MAX4FORLIVE BUGS AND GIVE US STABLE SOFTWARE THAT AVOID THESE SIMPLE BUGS THAT ABLETON REFUSES TO ELIMINATE ALL THESE THINGS WOULD BE VERY SIMPLE TO DO BUT THEY WON'T BECAUSE ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY WHICH I REFUSE TO GIVE TO THEM ANYMORE NOT UNTIL THEY WRITE THESE FEATURES THAT ARE NECESSARY FOR A SOFTWARE PROGRAM TO BE CONSIDERED A DAW THAT EVEN BASIC DAWS HAVE WHICH WILL PUT ABLETON OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY ARE MUCH MORE EFFICIENT AND EASIER TO USE AND SOUND MUCH BETTER THAN LIVE EVEN A CHILD CAN UNDERSTAND HEAR THE BROWN HENKE DITHER THAT MAKES LIVE SOUND AWFUL IF IT HAD MORE FEATURES IT WOULD BE BETTER WHY CAN'T THEY DO THIS IT WOULD BE SO EASY.
i <3 u. I've been trying to bring back run-on sentences since 6th grade BUT NO ONE GETS ME IT'S LIKE EVERY TIME I DO IT THE TEACHERS ARE LIKE COME ON LEARN SOME GRAMMAR BUT I'M LIKE ITS FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY WHATEVER I WANT BUT THEY'RE ALL LIKE YOUR 12 AND I'M LIKE YOURE OLD SO GET A LIFE

amiright?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:05 pm

you sir are correct!

my wife is a genuine grammar Nazi, daughter of an English teacher and I'm a science guy, an awful writer and she lets me know but I couldn't bring myself to add an apostrophe to every word that ends in an s or confuse their, they're and there.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

merges

Post by merges » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Tone Deft wrote:THIS WOULD BE A VERY SIMPLE THING FOR ABLETON TO WRITE I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DON'T IT WOULD BE SO SIMPLE AND EVERYONE WANTS THIS WHY DOES ABLETON HATE THEIR USERS SO MUCH AND MAKE SUCH BUGGY SOFTWARE THAT LACKS BASIC FEATURES LIKE DELETING GREEN CLIPS THEY WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS SOON IF THEIR NOT ALREADY OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEIR BEST CODERS WENT TO OTHER COMPANIES THAT MAKE BETTER SOFTWARE BECAUSE LIVE IS BEHIND ALL THE OTHER COMPETITORS WHEN IT COMES TO BASIC FEATURES AND SOUND QUALITY WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TAKE OUT ALL THE MAX4FORLIVE BUGS AND GIVE US STABLE SOFTWARE THAT AVOID THESE SIMPLE BUGS THAT ABLETON REFUSES TO ELIMINATE ALL THESE THINGS WOULD BE VERY SIMPLE TO DO BUT THEY WON'T BECAUSE ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY WHICH I REFUSE TO GIVE TO THEM ANYMORE NOT UNTIL THEY WRITE THESE FEATURES THAT ARE NECESSARY FOR A SOFTWARE PROGRAM TO BE CONSIDERED A DAW THAT EVEN BASIC DAWS HAVE WHICH WILL PUT ABLETON OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY ARE MUCH MORE EFFICIENT AND EASIER TO USE AND SOUND MUCH BETTER THAN LIVE EVEN A CHILD CAN UNDERSTAND HEAR THE BROWN HENKE DITHER THAT MAKES LIVE SOUND AWFUL IF IT HAD MORE FEATURES IT WOULD BE BETTER WHY CAN'T THEY DO THIS IT WOULD BE SO EASY.
This. :mrgreen:

RECYCLE BIN

Post by RECYCLE BIN » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:24 am

3dot... wrote:what shade ?
the first available green on the left. I think it would be a OLIVE GREEN.

RECYCLE BIN

Post by RECYCLE BIN » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 am

I cant find anything on this in the manual. I would think that the colors would somehow GROUP in some fashion.
Im sure BITWIG would have this option when they put out their product.

And for those above with their amusing replies, thats all fine and dandy. But, this question is geared toward legit Live users and not those with CRACKED VERSIONS.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:45 am

cracked version of Live? I don't even own Live, I just like their forums.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

RECYCLE BIN

Post by RECYCLE BIN » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:18 am

Tone Deft wrote:cracked version of Live? I don't even own Live, I just like their forums.
and here is a good example of why ABLETON ANSWERS was created. Weed out the weed.
And further research of you shows that you are a beach bum, alcoholic on spokes. The question of deleting green clips should be now focused on WHY WOULD YOU BRING AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR TO THE BEACH ? The salt water air and sunlight is very bad for instruments. But thats what pawn shops are for.

Now my question...COLORED CLIPS are just for looks or what ?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:25 am

that guitar has spent MANY afternoons and nights having the shit beat out of it over the last 13 years on that very same beach right in front of hot camp fires and 10 feet from the fire where it's cold and very humid. it plays wonderfully you dimwitted mouth breathing finger sniffing knuckle dragging Neanderthal.

of course clip colors are just for show, I thought you were joking. this has been going on all afternoon. by now you could have deleted them by hand, even if it's a very large set. get off the internet and go work on your set.

hth, smooches.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:40 am

Actually, this is a pretty awesome idea!
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

RECYCLE BIN

Post by RECYCLE BIN » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:41 am

Sure I could delete them by hand. I wanted to know for future projects. When Im jamming and recording different clips straight down the line, I like to mark the BEST ones on color, the OKAY ones another color and the CRAPPY ones another color during playback of a clip. Then when I want to decide that I made up my mind that Im ready to dump the CRAPPY ones, I would like a feature of deleting the ones say IN GREEN or PURPLE or BEIGE or...do I have to name all the colors? No. I wont. But that's what I was curious of. And Im talking about 75 or so clips or so.

SOBER is the word of the day.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:10 am

RECYCLE BIN wrote:SOBER is the word of the day.
why ya gotta say that when I just got home from work? :cry:

it's not a bad idea and conceptually I think it could be easy to implement. perhaps a drop down box appears on the color palette with a list of actions to take or you hit a button and all the colors in each track separate out into groups or just the ability to Select All in a certain color.

Ableton do look at the Feature Request forum. in the far too long I've been on this forum this is a new idea that I don't think has been posted about before, that's hard to do. from time to time someone from Ableton will speak of a long list of features stuck to a wall. stuff they'd like to do but they can only do so much, perhaps this will make the list, if you post it in the Feature Request forum.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:56 am

RECYCLE BIN wrote:Sure I could delete them by hand. I wanted to know for future projects. When Im jamming and recording different clips straight down the line, I like to mark the BEST ones on color, the OKAY ones another color and the CRAPPY ones another color during playback of a clip. Then when I want to decide that I made up my mind that Im ready to dump the CRAPPY ones, I would like a feature of deleting the ones say IN GREEN or PURPLE or BEIGE or...do I have to name all the colors? No. I wont. But that's what I was curious of. And Im talking about 75 or so clips or so.

SOBER is the word of the day.
if m4l had the ability to delete clips then that would be it...
as it can access the clip color property
but m4l can't 'delete clips' so no...

so I guess right now it's just for 'looks'../visual organization