Faderfox Templates

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
tylast

Faderfox Templates

Post by tylast » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:00 pm

I spent 4+ hours re-mapping my Faderfox LV1. I've created my own Live Template using the supplied 16 track version as my starting point :: you can get it here. I don't use nearly as many audio tracks as that template supplied & I didn't like the order of the audio/midi tracks. I've actually included RMIV, FM7, Reaktor, & Operator in my template. If you don't have these plug-ins, you'll just get an error message ~ Click through it, remove the plug-in & add your own. I even left 1 clip of a 4/4 kick in RMIV so you can get going. There's another thread that has some templates for other Faderfox devices here.

Changes from Supplied 16 Track Live 4.0 Template

1) 13 Tracks (7 Midi/4 Audio/1 routed/1 Mixdown)

2) 3 Returns

3) The stick (in Track Mode) does nothing now until you map it yourself except in:
a) Track 9 (FM7) - master volume/filter cutoff
b) Track 11 (Operator) - cutoff freq/resonance :: just to show you how flexible it is :: Click here to learn how to map the stick.
c) Send A - Freq/Q of L+R
d) Send B - feedback/dry-wet

4) Play button launches scene #1 in Slot/Scene Mode

5) Pot D (respectively)is balance for all tracks now. When in FX3 mode Pot D is Headphone Volume :: too bad I can't hold down the shift button to access alternative controls. You can access alternative control mode by pressing shift & the pot or stick button, but that keeps you in alternative mode. I would like to have a quick alternative mode. Perhaps Mathais will update the OS to incorporate that to give me the choice if I want the quick alternative or the current alternative ~ understably, we can't have both. Then I could hold the shift & turn the Master Volume to change the headphones volume.

6) Lastly, I had to make sure that every damn thing worked in sequence since I moved tracks around. Pain in the ass people ~ hence the 4+ hours!

I know it's also a pain in the ass to port your existing Live Set into a new template. I have it on good authority that the Abletons are working on a solution for this. In the meantime, save my song as your template, go to Options, Preferences, Defaults, then Save Template. You first need to set all your other preferences. On a side-note, It would be great if the Abletons would allow more than one MIDI note trigger the same Live Parameter.