fireface 800 help :(

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RoCi

fireface 800 help :(

Post by RoCi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:47 pm

ok so i kust got my fireface 800 but i cant get no audio to come out i go to my i tunes and play music and nothing. i have the latest driver and i also flash updated it and nothing no sound. i dont how mess with the fireface mixer. dont know what to put on the fireface settings. i havent messed with it. and i have the hs 80 connected to output 5 and 6 cause thats the balanced output, 1 to 4 is line trs. i need help to get this thing going.

Khazul

Re: fireface 800 help :(

Post by Khazul » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 am

Learn to use total mix & RTFM.

Been a while since I had an FF400 (now have a UFX, so roughly the same), but audio out from the computer DOESNT go directly to the analog outputs. Instead its the input to the total mix mixer, so you have to route and mix that audio onto the master outs (or which ever outs you want).

Generally that going to mean select the main out track in total mix (bottom row - so you can edit the main-out routing and levels), then raise the levels of the AN1/2 (middle row, left side). Generally you will want the main out set at the 0db mark and the AN1/2 inputs from the computer set at 0db mark for the main out sub mix.

Once you get the result you want, save it.

If this is all confusing - then you definately need to read the total mix help file to understand how the routing and totalmix UI works.
Nothing to see here - move along!

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 am

Khazul wrote:Learn to use total mix & RTFM.

Been a while since I had an FF400 (now have a UFX, so roughly the same), but audio out from the computer DOESNT go directly to the analog outputs. Instead its the input to the total mix mixer, so you have to route and mix that audio onto the master outs (or which ever outs you want).

Generally that going to mean select the main out track in total mix (bottom row - so you can edit the main-out routing and levels), then raise the levels of the AN1/2 (middle row, left side). Generally you will want the main out set at the 0db mark and the AN1/2 inputs from the computer set at 0db mark for the main out sub mix.

If this is all confusing - then you definately need to read the total mix help file to understand how the routing and totalmix UI works.
so if i have the my monitors connect to 5 and 8 out that i select in totalmix the bottom 5 and 6 as my main out? and then? lol

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 am

RoCi wrote:
Khazul wrote:Learn to use total mix & RTFM.

so if i have the my monitors connect to 5 and 8 out that i select in totalmix the bottom 5 and 6 as my main out? and then? lol
i meant 5 and 6

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:56 am

Update to my issue. alright well i connected my speaker back to output 1 and 2. when i was playing itunes i put the second row of totalmix 1 and 2 to output 1 and 2 on the third row. but the problem is that i get some sound but its like a pop but at the same time you can read out the song playing in i tunes but then after the pop you cant hear anything. i was going through this process for about 4 hours and i still cant get no sound. can anyone know what the problem could be or ever heard of this issue? thanks.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:58 am

Assuming you have read the manual (as there is a section on setup and trpuble shooting etc), try the RME forums.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/
Nothing to see here - move along!

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:08 am

under what? tips and tricks?

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 am

just use output 1 and 2 for your monitor..they are balanced too...

and use the audio midi setup utility to select the fireface as output source...

of cause you can use other outputs too when you route them in total mix.. but you do that when you have learned how to use it..for now just use the thing as its intended to be used...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 am

3phase wrote:just use output 1 and 2 for your monitor..they are balanced too...

of cause you can use other outputs too when you route them in total mix.. but you do that when you have learned how to use it..for now just use the thing as its intended to be used...
thats what i was trying to do! i dont like total mix i dont even need it lol

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:55 am

RoCi wrote:

you need it

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 am

RoCi wrote:

tried still no audio.

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 am

yeah i do need put still i tried what you told me and still no audio

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:58 am

and do you see the audio in total mix playing?

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:23 am

3phase wrote:and do you see the audio in total mix playing?
no i dont thats the problem

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:25 am

than no audio is played... or you fucked the installation or you havent selected the fireface in the audio midi setup