X/Y Controller Parameter ~ Midi Enabled

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
tylast

X/Y Controller Parameter ~ Midi Enabled

Post by tylast » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:46 am

Make the X/Y controller parameter (the circle in the VST display screen) midi enabled. It would totally kick ass to be able to edit that parameter with the Faderfox LV1's stick. That's right...control 2 paramters at the same time! :wink:

tylast

Post by tylast » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:44 pm

Ahhhhhh, ok I figured it out! OK, I guess I should've thought about this a bit more before I posted. All you have to do is to expand the synth with the Unfold Device Parameter. Enable MIDI learn in Live. Then select the 1st parameter from the unfolded view. Then move the stick along the X axis ONLY. Then select the 2nd parameter. Now move the stick along the Y axis ONLY. You might have to do this a few times to actually adding X & Y repsectively. You have to select Absolute (not 14bit). Deselect the MIDI learn in Live & viola! BTW, I did NOT put the LV1 into system mode.

Damn I live the stick now! I hope the next version of the LV1 has TWO sticks! 8)

It would be helpful in Live if the two parameters that are listed in the drop downs were already highlighted before I mapped them. That would speed up mapping just a bit.

To control multiple targets in Live...click here.