operator arrives

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:50 pm

Nope

you will download 4.1 and probably get a demo of operator , and then pay for the unlcok serial no. to get the full version.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:50 pm

Nope

you will download 4.1 and probably get a demo of operator , and then pay for the unlcok serial no. to get the full version.

Liam

Download 4.1 Live?

Post by Liam » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:06 pm

Speaking of downloads, where is the 4.1 version?

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:07 pm

yes it would be nice :)

astromass

Post by astromass » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:12 pm

i hate synths...maybe this will change my mind? =)
i'd LOVe to see some screenshots! +()Dd
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

::mic-minimal::

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:22 pm

:cry:.... this one hurt. Ableton you know we love you but this synth would
have been more welcomed if we already had other things that we need, not to mention other things that are more in vein with the reason we all got into ableton live in the first place, which was absolutely not for your 'synth prowess'
it was for your sampler prowess.

we need special ableton beat slicing
rexfile compatibility
individual slice parameters
dual screen capability for session and arrangement view
sample modulating features, not regular ones but... you know (ableton style)
we need the access to i/o in the arrangement view
we need strange and wonderful effects
we mp3 access........yesss, even though it's an inferior audio spec.

if you make Live the sampler that it's meant to be or at least that we thought it was meant to be, it'll be better, rival, and kick the ass of any synth.
please know that we look to you for new ways to interface with music and artisticly Ableton style sampling and sequencing features before other types of things. The one thing every serious Live 4 user wants is to not leave the Live 4 environment for sampling features.

in closing I'd like to thank you for the synth, i'm sure i'll get some good use out of it in the future.

regards
-mic
for the love of Live

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:27 pm

i,m totally open minded as to what operator will give to me while making music.
To be any different is to jump the gun.

Ableton have always been so far : : consistantly surefooted in their software development. I have always been really really happy with what they have offered me. It is unique.

Give them a chance those of you who have not experienced the new operator 8O

smutek

Post by smutek » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:37 pm

jamief wrote:i,m totally open minded as to what operator will give to me while making music.
To be any different is to jump the gun.

Ableton have always been so far : : consistantly surefooted in their software development. I have always been really really happy with what they have offered me. It is unique.

Give them a chance those of you who have not experienced the new operator 8O
I agree. I am surpised by all of the disapointment in this thread.

As for me and reason 3, I will be skipping the reason 3 upgrade. In fact I never had any plans to purchase it at all. I only occasionaly use reason to rewire into ableton and would much rather do away with rewire completely. It would be great to be able to open reason devices inside of live as VST/i's but we all know that is never going to happen.

I plan on purchasing operator as soon as I have the extra cash. I am excited about it and I've not even heard or seen it yet! I am looking forward to checking it out, as long as it sounds nice and is cpu efficient they have a sure buy here. I seriously doubt it will be all fat and bloated, we are talking ableton here.
Last edited by smutek on Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:38 pm

AND WE REALLY NEED AUTOMATIC DELAY COMPENSATION!!!!

please....
::mic-minimal:: wrote::cry:.... this one hurt. Ableton you know we love you but this synth would
have been more welcomed if we already had other things that we need, not to mention other things that are more in vein with the reason we all got into ableton live in the first place, which was absolutely not for your 'synth prowess'
it was for your sampler prowess.

we need special ableton beat slicing
rexfile compatibility
individual slice parameters
dual screen capability for session and arrangement view
sample modulating features, not regular ones but... you know (ableton style)
we need the access to i/o in the arrangement view
we need strange and wonderful effects
we mp3 access........yesss, even though it's an inferior audio spec.

if you make Live the sampler that it's meant to be or at least that we thought it was meant to be, it'll be better, rival, and kick the ass of any synth.
please know that we look to you for new ways to interface with music and artisticly Ableton style sampling and sequencing features before other types of things. The one thing every serious Live 4 user wants is to not leave the Live 4 environment for sampling features.

in closing I'd like to thank you for the synth, i'm sure i'll get some good use out of it in the future.

regards
-mic

benthomas1977

Re: Stunning software deals

Post by benthomas1977 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:40 pm

Liam wrote:Sorry I forgot to mention that Audition from buysusa,com does not come with Tech Support. Not a big deal for me.

I also bought Adobe Creative Suite PREMIUM for $199 - That includes Photoshop CS, Illustrator, Acobat Pro and more. Also no Tech Support

BUT full access to Forums, Knowledge Base etc etc And all rights to updates, downloads etc etc

A good deal I think.

Check it out dudes, and then ask yourself is Operator going to be worth $149?

You bought either an unauthorized bootleg copy or the educational version if you paid $199.. It is illegal to sell the premium creative suite for under $899.. It is also illegal to use educational software for commercial purposes.. they will catch you eventually if you use it for anything... For instance, if you ever try to print a pdf at a Kinkos it will identify the serial number as educational use only and Adobe will be contacted, i knew someone who worked there.. Whenever a photoshop or pdf file came through it was screened and marked as a commercial or educational style of document. If it was obviously non-educational related they contacted the fraud dept at Adobe..

Im reporting that website right now to Adobe's fraud department..

torchtv

Post by torchtv » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:42 pm

AdamJay wrote:Would several ableton djs pay $149 for mp3 support?
Hell yeah, now yer talkin'. That's what I was hoping for.

torchtv

Post by torchtv » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:47 pm

ekko wrote:Now, I'm not saying that Ableton should give this way, far from it.
And why not, would that be so dumb? It's all about if they think by giving it away they could increase Live 4 sales enough to offset the cost of development. Obviously that's not the conclusion they came to, but it doesn't mean the idea holds no water.

In any case, I'm looking forward to trying out the demo, and I'm hoping there's some other goodies in the 4.1 package unmentioned thus far.

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:51 pm

149$ is not cheap, I aggree
BUT
Ableton has always created good and intuitive things up to now, so I´m really looking forward to check out operator.
If it sounds good and is intuitive to use, why not ?
I´m still impressed by the usability of impulse. I would rather buy a good sounding and intuitive operator synth than a fantastic sounding but hard to use synth from any other company. So far I trust in Ableton.

I´m really curious what 4.1 brings for free. I really hope for a new way to map controllers or a mcu support

alexander
P4 2,6 GHz || IBook G3 800

Former Pharaoh

Post by Former Pharaoh » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:55 pm

The thing that matters most here is if Operator will be CPU efficient without sacrificing good sound quality. Then it would be the start of competeing against Reason. Reason is absolutley awesome with program stability but it lacks umph in sound quality (which the new mastering suite in 3.0 may remedy). I bought Live when it first came out and each upgrade resulted in more instability issues than i can count. I am willing to shelve out some cash if Ableton soft synths are stable, CPU friendly, great sounding and easy to use. In fact $149 is cheap if ABleton were to deliver said requests!

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:12 pm

I can't quite believe that there's a press release out before any announcement on this forum, some of us have been busy beta testing (albeit invisibly) it for them for the past few weeks too.

I don't want to sound all moany about it but I don't think I'm that interested in another synth either, certainly not at that price, and not with mentally experimental stuff like that Klangformer around too.

Making the timestretching work better and addressing groove would however make me open my wallet. (and release the moths :wink: )