Belkin Nostromo n-52 Speedpad .. unreal!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LOFA

Post by LOFA » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:38 pm

"i mailed belkin about that and after some back and forth they answered yesterday that it will be implemented soon. i don't know their definition of "soon" but there is hope, i guess.
contact was eurosupport@belkin.com
so if there are more users out there missing this feature i think it will not harm if you mail them, too, so that they see that people are really demanding it."- Dom from Ableton HQ

Thank You Dom
Last edited by LOFA on Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xpl2003

Just ordered mine

Post by xpl2003 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:10 pm

Just ordered mine £20 from overclockers.co.uk

Also try Microdirect.co.uk

Hope its good :) Will be good for 1st person shooters too :)

dpel

Post by dpel » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:23 pm

can i balance my checkbook with it?

:lol:
8O
Dave Pelman Music
http://www.davepelman.com

supster

Post by supster » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:22 am

dpel wrote:can i balance my checkbook with it?

:lol:
8O

no, tried that, it immediately uses your checking account number to order all the spectronsonics plugs and new windshield wipers for a 78 chevy malibu
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

onyxashanti

Post by onyxashanti » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:45 am

found a strange occurence with mine.

if i try to use the n52 and my korg micro kontrol [powered from the usb bus]at the same time, the Mk loses connection with the computer. does this happen to anyone else?

in other news, this thing is great with traktor and fl studio! especially traktor. it just looks so cool in a club setting. i'm downloading blogue now, so i can see how well they work together.

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:53 am

i ordered one last night :lol:

rolly

Post by rolly » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:17 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to programme the Nostromo device's four way rocker button so that one can perform a graduated sweep on pan and volume controls in Live? I've tried to do this via Live's Key assign in Live but it does not seem to recognise the four way rocker button. If is possible can someone tell me the best way to do it. For Nostromo to be a truly useful interface you need to be able to turn virtual knobs/faders up and down by degrees. Thanks for any insight.

-rolly

supster

Post by supster » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:39 pm

rolly wrote:Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to programme the Nostromo device's four way rocker button so that one can perform a graduated sweep on pan and volume controls in Live? I've tried to do this via Live's Key assign in Live but it does not seem to recognise the four way rocker button. If is possible can someone tell me the best way to do it. For Nostromo to be a truly useful interface you need to be able to turn virtual knobs/faders up and down by degrees. Thanks for any insight.

-rolly

i have my four way thumb rocker mapped to the arrow keys: up down left right. it lets you do whatever the arrow keys do in the interface.

you can click on anything temporarily in the interface, and move it with your thumb up and down or left right

however live doesnt let you map the arrow keys to anything with the keymap function. so you cant map the up/down left right arrows to anything ..

the live control interface is lacking as far as XY .. for nistance, why cant you map the circle on the live FX interface to midi control? odd
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:36 pm

Hello Y'all
Just got mine in the post this morning. Although i previously considered gaming an unwanted distraction from music making, it occurs to me that if i had a cool addictive game to use with this thing it would help me get used to using it more quickly and build up my skill with it. Any recomendations?

m-laboratories.net

free game

Post by m-laboratories.net » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:34 pm

that's funny ikeaboy, I had the same thought. But I didn't feel like spending any money on a game. So check out america's army - it's free, developed by the US Army, and pretty fun (definitely great for a free game).

montrealbreaks

Re: free game

Post by montrealbreaks » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:39 pm

m-laboratories.net wrote:that's funny ikeaboy, I had the same thought. But I didn't feel like spending any money on a game. So check out america's army - it's free, developed by the US Army, and pretty fun (definitely great for a free game).
Any first person shooter will probably do, they're the "speediest" games out there, and you'll probably end up a master in no time.

I don't play 'em myself though. I'm too old. You could also probably check out the old original DOOM. Light on processing power, yet stupidly addictive. You could proably also buy it for pennies.

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

Former Pharaoh

Post by Former Pharaoh » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:42 pm

[quote=
the live control interface is lacking as far as XY .. for nistance, why cant you map the circle on the live FX interface to midi control? odd[/quote]

The circle represents two control parameters within the effect. You would have to assign 2 CCs for the circle to function with MIDI.

supster

Post by supster » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:28 pm

Former Pharaoh wrote:
the live control interface is lacking as far as XY .. for nistance, why cant you map the circle on the live FX interface to midi control? odd[/quote wrote:
The circle represents two control parameters within the effect. You would have to assign 2 CCs for the circle to function with MIDI.

yes, i realised that soon after i posted it ;)

wish there was a way around it ... would be amazing to assign the circle to an XY controller, any two parameters on the fly ...
--

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:23 pm

I got this email from Belkin today:

"Dear Mr. Ian: We have a new firmware update and I would like to send it to you, could you confirm your telephone and address for me please."

Very good news. And I'm thinking of changing my handle to Mr. Ian :D

I will see if I can post them once I get 'em.

It will be great when us mac users get to max out this bad-ass, $30 controller!

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:53 pm

don't they do firmware updates via usb anymore? Why would they need your address and phonenumber?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.