setting midi parameter 's apc40

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bizzyfingers

setting midi parameter 's apc40

Post by bizzyfingers » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:32 pm

ive just recently came across a problem. when using my mpd24 i used to set my midi knobs then i could set my maximum/minimum parameter's for that knob, how do i do it for the apc? the effect in question is a beat repeat, there is a lovely little sweet section but its very small, i only want to turn the knob on that small part. any help would be great, thanks

Ben_Binary

Re: setting midi parameter 's apc40

Post by Ben_Binary » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 am

bizzyfingers wrote:ive just recently came across a problem. when using my mpd24 i used to set my midi knobs then i could set my maximum/minimum parameter's for that knob, how do i do it for the apc? the effect in question is a beat repeat, there is a lovely little sweet section but its very small, i only want to turn the knob on that small part. any help would be great, thanks
The macro knobs in racks each have this setting in the browser when you select mapping mode.
You just drag the lower or upper limits.

Hope that helps.

Otherwise search the manual?
but the software support for the APC40 has not been very good, if they couldnt be bothered to write a control script for it then the manual might not help.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142659
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:05 am

Sadly can't be done without serious tinkering, can't talk for the control surface stuff but max would need you to rewrite a new blue hand control with some scaling functionality before the values reach their target.... Can be done though....

Cheers
D

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 am

S4racen wrote:Sadly can't be done without serious tinkering, can't talk for the control surface stuff but max would need you to rewrite a new blue hand control with some scaling functionality before the values reach their target.... Can be done though....

Cheers
D
Nice work on the APC40 mods S4racen!

If Ableton had a M4L runtime or edu price... would be nice.
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce