Performing Live...now vs ver 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
locash

Performing Live...now vs ver 2

Post by locash » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:53 pm

I performed live the other nite (i have live ver 2.0) with live and my behringer foot controller. THing went pretty good. but it sucked leaning over and typing my tempo into my powerbook every song. I mapped my set in one live performance.

Are theyre any new upgrades for performing live in ver 4 vs 2.0? i dont care about sequencing features.

-tempo saving?
-or trigger songs (with saved tempos) via midi
-easily loop and playback of live audio (loop my guitar live) (able to control via midi -undo- if my take is bad)
-other live perforance features?

thanks.

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:03 pm

get a simple midi controller with a button that you can assign to your bpm tap-in...
no tempo saving, but you could play with MIDI-OX to map MIDI keyboard to different values of BPM... msg me if you want more info on that...
trigger songs via MIDI? you mean trigeer a clip or a scene.. sure thats allready in 2...
there's no undo controlable via midi, but you can navigate with midi to record another take, or also trigger to rerecord over that falied clip...., and i think you could do that with live2

new live perfomance feature? i supose advanced audio routing and 2x more send tracks are interesting in live perfomance.. so yeah.... v4 is better for live perfomance

Jomdom

Post by Jomdom » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:17 pm

There is tempo saving in 4 - name a scene "X BPM" and it will change the tempo when you launch the scene.
"No one cares, no one sympathizes; you just stay home and play synthesizers."
- Flight of the Conchords

locash

Post by locash » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:30 pm

>There is tempo saving in 4 - name a scene "X BPM" and it will change the tempo when you launch the scene.

thats cool. i have my set setup all in one live document. then i just trigger scenes. having the tempo saved in the scene is what ive been waiting for. Up till now i have to reach over (awkward pause) and type in the tempo. then trigger the next scene.

I would love for someone to teach me how best to loop my guitar or vocal (live) and 2....if i was to mess that up how best to re do it (remembering i am performing live here....dont want to stop everything and press undo.....would have my guitar in hand).

thanks for the replies guys.

ps. im on a g4 powerbook (mac).

madlab

Post by madlab » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:06 am

The 'using Live like Repeater / Echoplex' thread should be a good starting point for you.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission