INTRODUCING LiveFill....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TrackTeam Audio

INTRODUCING LiveFill....

Post by TrackTeam Audio » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:28 am

The powerful new cross-platform add-on system for Ableton Live...
CLICK HERE to Learn More

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:55 am

Holy Crappers 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
A big bump if the MP3 demo does NOT convince of what Simpler can do nothing will :D..................
This looks really promising actually I must admit and I am suprised no one has posted in this thread yet ....
The question remains though ... HOW MUCH for TackleBox
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:02 am

I've just trotted off to the Merch page and downloaded the free demo zip :D - gosh the demo is 21.9 meg alone 8O 8O 8O
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

TrackTeam Audio

Post by TrackTeam Audio » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:13 am

FaX-01 wrote:Holy Crappers 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
A big bump if the MP3 demo does NOT convince of what Simpler can do nothing will :D..................
This looks really promising actually I must admit and I am suprised no one has posted in this thread yet ....
The question remains though ... HOW MUCH for TackleBox
Thanks a lot, glad you like it.

As an introductory promotion we will be offering Tacklebox at a discount price of $39 U.S. until the New Year.

Beyond that, Tacklebox will retail for $49 U.S.

There will also be some smaller downloadable LiveFills coming very soon that will retail for about half that. Specifically, we have a very nice collection coming for the Impulse featuring classic drum machines.

Stay Tuned.

Thanks Again, and Enjoy!

-tjwett

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:09 am

That Tacklebox Cometworm preset for simpler is great for basslines.
And the dual saw wave is damn tasty also I might add.
So when is the full pack being released ?

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:52 am

Looks filthy...before I install it, what are the demo limitations and how do you uninstall if need be?

Cheers

TrackTeam Audio

Post by TrackTeam Audio » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:55 am

FaX-01 wrote:That Tacklebox Cometworm preset for simpler is great for basslines.
And the dual saw wave is damn tasty also I might add.
So when is the full pack being released ?
Glad you got to try it out and found the sounds useful.

There are many of those raw fundamental waveforms in the full version to play with. We think it's a neat thing to be able to choose between playing a Juno saw and a Moog saw, and actually hearing the difference. Those patches can be quite expressive.

We wish we could have put some more sounds in the demo version but the download size would have become impractical.

Expect the full version to be available within this month.

Thanks again for checking it out.

:D

-tjwett

TrackTeam Audio

Post by TrackTeam Audio » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:09 am

muthafunka wrote:Looks filthy...before I install it, what are the demo limitations and how do you uninstall if need be?

Cheers
Thanks for checking it out. The demo version is simply a tiny version of the real thing. Basically, something to show how it works. There are no limitations functionally.

The real thing is 650MB big.

I didn't put up the Mac demo uninstaller yet as I didn't anticipate any Live users wanting to throw away free sounds.

In the meantime, if you decide you want to remove it just send an email. It's quite simple, just one step.

Thanks Again,

-tjwett

P.S. Everyone be sure to check out the Tutorial Live Set that comes with the demo!

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:36 pm

Cool, many thanks, nice to see you've been busy Tjwett, long time no see!

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:42 pm

Wow, this looks great. Can't wait to try it out.

Any idea when the full version will be available for sale?

TrackTeam Audio

Post by TrackTeam Audio » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:24 pm

We expect the full version to be on sale within this month.

Glad you like it.

Thanks,

-tjwett

Credo

Post by Credo » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:38 pm

Is it only me having problems when trying to unsit the demo?
Error -39 ???

Ive downloaded it twice and used txo different versions of Stuffit to expand???

C
>>
MacBook Pro 2,4 GHz, 3 Gb Ram, OS X 10.6.8
Novation Ultranova, Launchpad, Nocturn
MOTU Ultralite
Elektron Machinedrum + Monomachine
Future Retro XS
OTO Biscuit

raapie

Post by raapie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:51 pm

there's no way to integrate presets with Live. hopefully this will change in the future. because of this I think your 'installation' routines are not so good for the end user. for example: when you have more than one version of Live 4 installed, you need to manually copy all those presets to the other version too. sure, this is an issue Ableton should fix, but I do think your installation routines don't cover this either. when you upgrade Live you need to copy all the presets etc.

I am a sounddesigner and I am interested to do some design for Ableton myself but the installation problems the current version offers keeps me from doing it.
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

raapie

Post by raapie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:54 pm

I hope you're doing good business. and I don't want to harm that. But I am trying to say that your 'installation' routines should be clear for the avarage user.
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

TrackTeam Audio

Re: ...

Post by TrackTeam Audio » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:05 pm

raapie wrote:there's no way to integrate presets with Live. hopefully this will change in the future. because of this I think your 'installation' routines are not so good for the end user. for example: when you have more than one version of Live 4 installed, you need to manually copy all those presets to the other version too. sure, this is an issue Ableton should fix, but I do think your installation routines don't cover this either. when you upgrade Live you need to copy all the presets etc.

I am a sounddesigner and I am interested to do some design for Ableton myself but the installation problems the current version offers keeps me from doing it.
Thank You for your feedback. The demo installer will automatically install the collection for the most current version of Live on your machine.

By "current" that means it will go to Live 4.0.4 and skip 4.0.1, for example. This is stated in the Installation Instructions in the PDF Manual.

The full version allows you to choose any version of Live 4 you want.

There will also be a "Mover" utility that will move the LiveFill to another version of Live, useful for when new versions of Live are released.

Due to the way Live handles user presets and the differences in that on both operating systems this is currently the most efficient way for us to develop the demo installer, in the name of disk space speed and ease of use to the average Live user, who typically wants to be using the most current version of the software that Ableton releases.

Thank You for trying it out.

-tjwett
Last edited by TrackTeam Audio on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:47 am, edited 4 times in total.