Zoom in keys on Mac version

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Keyboard

Zoom in keys on Mac version

Post by Keyboard » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:57 am

I would like to be able to use the key - for zoom out and = for zoom in.
As it is currently I need to press shift = to get zoom in.
I understand the logic behind plus and minus keys, but it doesn't work like that.

Please fix this in the next update.

Thankyou all! :o

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Zooming would be much easier to use if shift were held down for both zooming in & out. Toggling the shift key to zoom in & out is not so user friendly.

I would prefer "_" and "+" to be used for zooming, instead of the current "-" and "+". This would make zooming SO much easier AND it free up the "-" key so it can be used for a custom key command.

There is a double benefit to changing this. Let's be able to use "-" for a key command.

It just makes sense. This original post was a year ago. Please, lets do it guys! :D

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:35 am

sounds good
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:48 pm

Anyone else who thinks this is a good idea, jump on this thread and voice your opinion. Sure it's a small thing, but then that means it should be a small thing to fix and make it easier for all of us.

This current key combination isn't easy to use or logical. Who cares what the key says, just keep it consistent...either hold shift or don't hold shift for both zooming in & out. It's quicker.

:)

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:39 pm

Anyone else have opinions on this? A small thing but it would make life easier!

nobbystylus

Post by nobbystylus » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:11 am

I agree... this is a very MACish system wide short cut... Final Cut, Logic Pro etc..
http://www.myspace.com/wardclerk
http://www.myspace.com/bighairufreqs
LIVE 8.21/ Reaktor 5.51/VDMX/Quartz Composer

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:55 pm

I'm not sure I understand. These key commands have something to do with the way the operating system assigns the keys? Logic doesn't do this to the best of my knowledge. In Peak for Mac these same two keys are zoom in/zoom out and you don't have to hit shift at all or go back and forth. Works well there.

I would think it's simply a preference within the program, just a bit of code that they assign the keys to do whatever they need them to do.