Serious error save the project.......

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
rikhyray

Serious error save the project.......

Post by rikhyray » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:59 pm

I drag a sample and then comes the message that I have to save etc etc, do nothing and it seems to work but.. something is obviously wrong, it is happening in 02 and 03 I didnt have the problem in the original Live 4.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:21 pm

i am also getting serious error warnings with 4.03 and moving samples

shall investigate more

dave

Pheek

ya

Post by Pheek » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:13 am

Those errors are currently my nightmare with Live 4. Seems to be less frequent in v4.03. For my part, it seems that on a specific track, any samples there get corrupted somehow and activiting it will trigger a serious error. That is, after I moved a sample.

I'm in communication with Ableton tech support but its hard to investigate so the poor guy there is a bit lost and I understand him. :cry:

The way I've found to get rid of the problem is to copy all samples of the live to a new one and the problems is solved. Its not a usefull way but it helps for now.

jer

same problem when recording

Post by jer » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:42 pm

I had this same problem...I've been recording lots of vinyls into live, all on one track. Eventually I started getting the "serious programming error, please save under a new name" message when I would open the set and hit record for the first time, I could then continue recording but once I stopped recording the file I just recorded would disappear from the track and I would get the error message again. I save under a new name and the problem is gone, but next time I start up live I have to save undera new name to begin recording again. this was on my pc, Athlon xp 2100+ 1.5gb ram 120gb audio drive, windows xp pro (optomizad for music via musicxp.net). I only tried all this with v4.01. Ive had clip playback problems on the mac as well (4.01-4.03) see other post started by bluescreen - "stuttering"

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:50 am

Hi folks,

anybody getting repeatedly these "..serious error.." messages should contact me directly with a mail about it. Then we will try to get closer to the corresponding problem.

regards,
Alex

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:28 pm

I contacted Kliene and have yet to hear from him after he asked to submit my logs (start of September).

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this problem.
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

RobertX

Serious Error messages galore

Post by RobertX » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:55 am

Is all this random crashing a new feature in 4.03? :P

Until updating, I never crashed this program in version 4. Now it hapens several times daily. Not only am I unable to quit the program after saving as directed by the dialog box, I can't even force quit the program via Task Manager. I'm forced to do a hard reset. :x

Thank Jeebus I have not used the new version for live gigs. :!:

I'm going back to 4.01

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:56 pm

Hi RobertX,

please see my previous posting in this thread and contact me directly. If we cannot reproduce these crashes we have no chance to isolate and fix it.

regards,
Alex