Steinberg copies Live!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Phill Schiller

Post by Phill Schiller » Sat Aug 31, 2002 10:46 am

"YOU influence these decisions by telling us what you want and are the first one to get it."

I want Ableton to be Part of Apple!

:cry:

Nostradumass

Post by Nostradumass » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:05 am

I see the future:

Apple Buys Ableton
releases: iDJ/Iremix/Imix (whatever)

besides having all the features you would expect from a free Live version
- Rendevous support for instant streaming of audio to anyone on a local network
- Internet Streaming to anyone who wants to tune in to you station (.mac required)
- burn mixes to CD
- etc

5 million macs a year would then have Live technology for free...would be a great advertisement/inspiration for people to update to live
not enough people know how great Live is or even know about it... with Apple behind it EVERONE will know..

Apple Pro Audio bundle could contain Live plus other Apple music software from the Emagic aquisition plus Apple could make a mini keybord controller and throw that in with the bundle

New Apple/Emagic control Surface for Live/Logic/Finalcut Pro

- this combo could also result in the BEST LIVE VJ Software!:
Apple aquired the absolute BEST and fastest compositors this year...(shake/rayz) with this technology + quartz extreme for realtime compositing + 3fx Plus Gerards input there could exist an App the would popularize VJing and also be used as a more organic way to create vid effects for pro's as well....

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:15 pm

????

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:49 am

Gerhard wrote:Neil,

seriously, I doubt you would have considered Remix as an alternative even if it had been available by the time you bought Live. I say this because I suppose you are using at least some of these things, which are not in Remix:

- ReWire master and slave;
- MIDI in and out;
- Sync in and out;
- Audio input and recording;
- An unlimited number of tracks (Remix has only 8);
- Up to four sends (Remix has only 1);
- An unlimited number of scenes (Remix has only 16);
- Multi-channel audio input / output (Remix has only one stereo out);
- Erosion, FilterDelay, Grain Delay, Ping Pong Delay, Vinyl Distortion, Reverb;
- Unlimited VST support.

As you see, Remix cannot live up to Live (but is a lot of fun anyway).

Gerhard
ableton
What does sync in and out do?

what do sends do?

I might buy Live and would like to know

Bujaka

sync in and out

Post by Bujaka » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:26 am

you can sync live via midiclock and another standart (don't remember the name yet) to other computers, synths, drummachines etc.
btw: very nice feature if you have e.g. a korg electribe er-1!

bujaka

FrankH

Post by FrankH » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:46 pm

Hello,

First of all, i love Live and i think it's one of the best music programs ever.
No, that's not right, it's a new generation of live music programs, there is just nothing like it yet.
Bujaka wrote:you can sync live via midiclock and another standart (don't remember the name yet) to other computers, synths, drummachines etc.
btw: very nice feature if you have e.g. a korg electribe er-1!
Keep in mind to Slave the ER-1 to Live, the other way around will not work because the ER-1 is sending very unstable midiclock.
130 BPM will walk between 128 and 133

Good luck.

f

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:10 pm

Phill Schiller wrote:"YOU influence these decisions by telling us what you want and are the first one to get it."

Are you insane? Why would you want such a thing??

I'm a PC user who switched from a very big ProTools Mac system (8 PCI cards) to a P4 2.7GHz PC system with 1066MHz RAM. My PC is about four times more powerful and faster than the fastest Mac and costs less than half of a Mac. (I can use more softsynths, EQ's, compressors,... than even with ProTools)
I'm using WinXP and after 10 years of being a Mac addict, I don't miss it at all.
There is so much software for the PC that you can't get on a Mac. But there is almost nothing that only the Mac has to offer that you can't have on a PC.

I really enjoy Cakewalks Sonar 2.0XL which is a huge step forward compared to EVERY other sequencer there is at the moment. And it's PC only.

You sell Live to Apple and it will dissapear for the PC. What's so great about that?
What's the advantage anyway? Do you really thing that the software will be better?
From what I have noticed with Digidesign is, the bigger the company gets the less inventive and creative their products will be. And decisions take sooo much longer. (Politics)
I'm much in favour of a small and independent company like Ableton where creative and smart people give us the right tools.

Steve
London, UK

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:55 pm

Apple buying every audio app under the sun isn't the way to go and besides Apple buying Emagic was a strategy move to try and get millions of Logic users to stay with Apple even though as Steve said PCs cost a fraction of the price and have just as many quality audio apps available for them. And anybody who still says Macs are more stable than PCs is an uneducated asshole...Sorry about the PC vs Mac thing, ut one things for sure - I hope Ableton stay Ableton and dont sell their soul - they've got a hell of a product on their hands, dont let it go!

Monolake are fecking lovely btw.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:24 pm

hey live too will have new releases :D

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Phill Schiller wrote:"YOU influence these decisions by telling us what you want and are the first one to get it."

Are you insane? Why would you want such a thing??

I'm a PC user who switched from a very big ProTools Mac system (8 PCI cards) to a P4 2.7GHz PC system with 1066MHz RAM. My PC is about four times more powerful and faster than the fastest Mac and costs less than half of a Mac. (I can use more softsynths, EQ's, compressors,... than even with ProTools)
I'm using WinXP and after 10 years of being a Mac addict, I don't miss it at all.
There is so much software for the PC that you can't get on a Mac. But there is almost nothing that only the Mac has to offer that you can't have on a PC.

I really enjoy Cakewalks Sonar 2.0XL which is a huge step forward compared to EVERY other sequencer there is at the moment. And it's PC only.

You sell Live to Apple and it will dissapear for the PC. What's so great about that?
What's the advantage anyway? Do you really thing that the software will be better?
From what I have noticed with Digidesign is, the bigger the company gets the less inventive and creative their products will be. And decisions take sooo much longer. (Politics)
I'm much in favour of a small and independent company like Ableton where creative and smart people give us the right tools.

Steve
London, UK
To answer your question"what is so great..."
1)we clould get one format between Logic and Live.
2)a Live version on OSX without bugs
3)TDM support
4) a better Live sound engine
5)maybe a serious and fast Live(Update)with MIDI..etc.
at all)a ableton move into the pro music area.not a move into the "toy" area.

You said that you switched from ProTools to the native Plug in area.
I´m really curious what a kind of plug ins you use.
I hope not the Steinberg ones.
There is no serious reverb on the native area and no any good Sequencer.
I dod´n´t know,but after the digi/emagic cooperation,everything looks like that a Mac will be a "MUST"in every serious studio.
After the emagic/apple take over,the music software industry fights a war.
the result looks like:"Mac will become the Pro area"..."PC the toy area"..be their friend or go down.
I´m not so much intressted in business things,but I wish an ableton cooperation witth apple/emagic/digidesign too.
I would like to use TDM Plug ins or emagic synths in Live,but it looks like that this will be not possible in the future.

Right now(sorry to say this)they go deeper and deeper in the toy area with Steinberg/propellerheads and some other funny companies.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:34 pm

Yeeeah propellerheads...Reason is more a game,not a Sequencer.

popp

Post by popp » Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:10 pm

[quote="joh67"]Good to know![/quote
llllllll

skiptracer

Post by skiptracer » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:05 am

since when is music a serious thing?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Phill Schiller wrote:"
There is no serious reverb on the native area and no any good Sequencer.
I dod´n´t know,but after the digi/emagic cooperation,everything looks like that a Mac will be a "MUST"in every serious studio.
After the emagic/apple take over,the music software industry fights a war.
the result looks like:"Mac will become the Pro area"..."PC the toy area"..be their friend or go down.

What absolute rubbish - you've been conned by apples clever marketing strategy- I have NEVER had a better setup than I now have on my PC (from a creative point of view at least - not speaking for large studios), I don't multitrack other than with live - but put a HEAVY load on the CPU)

but the combo of live 3, reaktor and fruity loops (and plogues bidule seems to be joining in) the sounds are astonishing, and using reaktor as an fx processor I think isn't far off the waves plugs for sound quality!!

- and shut up about this boring stability ribbish, again it's a complete myth perpetuated by apple, a properly configured and maintained XP machine is perfectly solid - it's more about the user and what you do with it, and whether you load loads of crap on it.

MAC users just carry on this stupid argument cause they feel silly for paying twice the price!

Just compare the problems on this forum with mac v PC!

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:29 pm

Easy people , easy ... this thread is a year old ! [ Almost day by day ...]
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de