Have a sample of this:

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jockstrap

Have a sample of this:

Post by jockstrap » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:35 am

Dear Ableton
I've updated to each new version from version 5 to the current version 8 the week they've come out, legitimately. i bought the apc 40 the day it came out, and now you offer sampler for free with version 8 from July 1st?. Come on guys, thats really not very fair.
Did you advertise the sampler deal when version 8 went on sale?. What about your customers that bought sampler as an add on before July 1st? Did you contemplate how they may feel?
Please be aware that i reserve the right to forward/publish this text, and any reply , to other forums, consumerdirect.gov and The UK office of fair trading.
Thanks a bunch. jockety

kaffein

Re: Have a sample of this:

Post by kaffein » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:03 am

Email customer service.

Bionecteur

Post by Bionecteur » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:47 am

Please be aware that i reserve the right to forward/publish this text, and any reply , to other forums, consumerdirect.gov and The UK office of fair trading.
Thanks a bunch. jockety[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
than you should do that for every company in this business..Native; PSP; Logic...

Sorry , but I think you reaction is childish...

I am an updater since LIVE 2 ...

Thank god that you are able to use this software... :twisted:
ritsch, ratsch, klick

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:43 pm

jockstrap wrote: Please be aware that i reserve the right to forward/publish this text, and any reply , to other forums, consumerdirect.gov and The UK office of fair trading.
Thanks a bunch. jockety

My answer is NO THANKS.

1. ableton customer care not available on weekends.
2. grow a bit.

I'm one of the f@"#ers who upgraded lite to 8 BEFORE july.
You know what? I'm not complaining about lack of sampler in my version.
Happy with 8 here

As said in point 2, grow a bit, welcome in the adultHood

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Hermanus wrote:
jockstrap wrote: Please be aware that i reserve the right to forward/publish this text, and any reply , to other forums, consumerdirect.gov and The UK office of fair trading.
Thanks a bunch. jockety

My answer is NO THANKS.

1. ableton customer care not available on weekends.
2. grow a bit.

I'm one of the f@"#ers who upgraded lite to 8 BEFORE july.
You know what? I'm not complaining about lack of sampler in my version.
Happy with 8 here

As said in point 2, grow a bit, welcome in the adultHood
I am completely happy with the discount coupon that Ableton gave us for the Live 8 upgrade.
Alot of companies run promotions like this and even though we do not get Sampler for free we still benefit from this because it will get new customers, Ableton will increase revenue which can be used for developing the software even more.
In other words.... Live 9 :D

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:17 pm

should've upgraded to Live 8 Suite. if you've had Live since version 5 and hadn't purchased Sampler yet, then I'm guessing you have no need for a sample player. so why do you need one now? if you're complaining just to complain about something, you're pathetic. quit fucking bitching and upgrade to Suite. the price has been well worth it for me. and it's not unfair business practice to offer an incentive to make a purchase. have you ever heard of coupons? how about rebates? have you heard of those? fucking moron! you aren't going to get any sympathy here. we are all fully aware that companies make special offers from time to time. especially when it comes to music gear.. have you checked out all of the rebates posted by the online music gear retailers lately?

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 pm

sampler isnt even that special. the only thing i ever used it for is drums but drum rack took care of that

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:17 pm

the grass is always meaner on the other side.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 am

lolololoolololololololololololololololololololololol

lolololololololololololololololololololol

lol
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:52 am

if McDonald's discounts Big Mac's to 99cents, and you ate one last week for 2.49, do you write a letter to the CEO saying it wasn't fair?

This is how business is done. I bought a handful of NI synths last year for what totalled well over 399 and now they offer the entire komplete package for 399. annoying? sure. but reason to complain like this? not at all. fair? of course. it's business.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:06 am

please be aware that I reserve the right to tarnish everything I said prior to this by pressing the "I am a douche" button right at the last moment.

oops!

perhaps better to continue this thread here

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

jockstrap

Post by jockstrap » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Dear Muppets,
I have "thanked god" for using my fresh illegal copy of suite 8 which i should have bought in the first place (apparently), I didn't e-mail Native, PSP, or Logic customers services because they haven't tried to rip me off YET. I've written to Mcdonalds CEO asking him to put more aspartame in the coke so you can all continue to fry your brains some more, + i certainly haven't "grown up a bit" or been welcomed to the adult world. Fanks a bunch once again. jockety.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:18 pm

wow. The name says it all. This has to be someone trolling.

outsidesys

Post by outsidesys » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Little jockstrap has early adopter syndrome. Patience has its virtues.