please please give back auto playback after record

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:17 pm

Timur wrote: I just compared Live 6 to Live 7 and for Live 6 it seems as if you are right. But for Live 7 the recorded clip is playing!
Strange, but apparently true

Just had some extremely weird behavior when testing this again... time for a bug post I think

:?

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:09 am

just had a look at live 3 and i can't get forges repeat method to work in session view... what do you do exactly? i've got the default launch mode set to repeat, but the loop doesn't play itself after it hits the quantize length. if i hit play after the loops started recording it will, but otherwise it'll keep recording till the cows come home...

i agree this'd be a good feature though. if they could set it up so that if the default launch mode 'repeat' meant that the recorded loop would play itself after hitting the quantise length you'd have an instant looper. if they could get it to overdub as well they'd pretty much be in business!!
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...

forge

Post by forge » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:24 am

I think it may have been Live 2 - I'm really not sure but I think it was 3 when it disappeared

Timur

Post by Timur » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:34 am

Unfortunately my loop length workaround was taken out of Live 7 now. Is it possible to remote control the record button via a Midi track with automation? At least it should work by using some vitual Midi cable: Midi track sends mapped midi to virtual midi out, Live receives mapped midi remote control via virtual midi in and thus you could have predefined record length.

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:36 pm

Timur wrote:Is it possible to remote control the record button via a Midi track with automation? At least it should work by using some vitual Midi cable: Midi track sends mapped midi to virtual midi out, Live receives mapped midi remote control via virtual midi in and thus you could have predefined record length.
you'll have missed these, then:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=