SOLVED! Was: Stylus RMX, Vista 64, Live 8...Crash

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tommy2000

SOLVED! Was: Stylus RMX, Vista 64, Live 8...Crash

Post by tommy2000 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:15 pm

CASE CLOSED!

Somehow, I recalled that the upgrade to Stylus 1.8 (and 1.7 I think as well) provided both a 64 bit and 32 bit driver. So, WAS using the 64 bit driver. Switched to the 32 bit driver. All is golden.

Re-extracted the drivers just to make sure I didn't somehow switch them around. I did have them correct.

So, bottom line is that 32 bit Stylus RMX 1.8 driver works with Live 8 under Vista 64.

FYI, tried it with Live 7.0.15 and it does not see either the 32 or 64 bit Stylus RMX 1.8 driver.

Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Thought I'd start here and see if anyone has had any joy with using Stylus RMX (v1.8) with Vista 64 and Live 8.

I start up Live 8, and see Stylus RMX listed (albeit as VST, not VST 2.4). As soon as I drag Stylus RMX to a Midi Channel...Kaboom! "A serious program error has occurred".

I've had great luck with Omnisphere, along with the NI stuff (I have Komplete). Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with Stylus RMX with Live 8.

BTW, Live 7 under Vista 64 does not even show Stylus RMS as an available instrument.

Pretty happy with Live 8 overall though! Loving Vista 64, have 12Gb of memory and that make a big improvement (you can see it in the performance measurements, and it's just faster all around by my experience).

Thanks!

Tom