[4680] Video corruption on Clip View boxes title bars?

db91977

[4680] Video corruption on Clip View boxes title bars?

Post by db91977 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:16 pm

I have noticed the following strange behavior when selecting certain multiple Clips in an audio track:

-- If I select multiple Clips in the third Scene and below, a candy-stripe pattern appears on the title bars of the Clip View boxes.
-- If I get the candy-stripe pattern, and then Ctrl-click on the Clips in the first two Scenes to add those Clips, the stripe pattern goes away. If I then deselect the first two Clips, the pattern reappears.

Notes:
-- This occurs on two different PCs.
-- I've only seen it occur on audio tracks. MIDI tracks aren't affected.
-- If this behavior is a bug, the Abes might consider making it an expected behavior- it could be an easy-to-see visual cue that more than one Clip is selected on a track. However, make the colors in the stripe more washed-out; the colors are currently too saturated- they make the text in the title bars hard to read.

--Doug

db91977

Addendum #1

Post by db91977 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Additional observations:

I notice that if an empty Clip Slot is first selected in the third Scene or below, and then I add Clips above this empty slot to my selection with Ctrl-click, the stripe pattern does not occur.

But if I select the empty slot first and then add Clips to my selection from the Scenes below the empty slot, the stripe pattern does occur.

--db

Stefan Haller

Post by Stefan Haller » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:24 pm

This is by design. We only show the stripes for clips that have the same length and identical warp markers, in which case you can edit their warp markers all at once (useful for multi-track arranger recordings, for instance). The color of the stripes shows you which of the clips is the master clip, i.e. the one whose waveform you see in the clip view.

For clips of different lengths, or for MIDI clips, we never show the stripes, but simply a white title bar.
Stefan Haller
haller@ableton.com

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi,

As there is no bug here, I'll lock the thread. Any further wish/discussion should go to the discussion part of the beta forum or the wishlist section.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team