Ban Timur/Crash?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Should Timur/Crash be banned?

No, he should not be banned.
59%
Ableton, please ban Timur/Crash - the forum is better without him.
41%

Total votes: 98

last man on earth

Ban Timur/Crash?

Post by last man on earth » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:30 am

I know this isn't exactly a great subject, but seeing Timur/Crash's uninvited rants in other people's threads, picking fights with Ableton Development/Support publically, and fighting with every single person in here who doesn't agree with his view on the quality of support we get, I believe it's time that we all said "enough" in a manner that makes it clear that we simply aren't interested in hearing it anymore - put it to a vote. it was mentioned by other people in another thread that perhaps something like this thread should be done, and I agree. I am not, however, going to fight in this thread with Timur, nor am I going to fight with him in other threads, as it does no good.

I've seen this person argue with everyone, and it's old. I personally don't post in forums very much, and lurked here for the last 2-3 years before registering and posting, but every time I come in here, there is a thread ruined and turned into a fight constantly being bumped to the top, and it's making this forum not worth even reading. If I have to sort through pages and pages of arguments that have no place outside of customer support emails just to find a single viable tip or idea to make Live funner for me, it's not worth it.

Please, vote - let the poll speak for itself. If there are enough people voting for Timur to stay, then maybe I'm totally wrong, and when this poll is over, I'll eat my words and never utter a word to him after, but if I'm not wrong, let's act as a community and ask Ableton to make the community fun by stopping this nonsense.

I know a lot of you like coming here because it's rarely moderated, but when people take advantage of that, we have to ask ourselves if no moderation is worth the trouble.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:42 am

it always takes at least two to fight. sure Timur can go crazy over the top, but the choice is there to ignore him if he is not to your taste.

i dont find him nearly as offensive as some of the wingnuts that have been on here in the past. Its not as if Timur posts pron or torture pics when someone disagrees with him.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 am

Remember when I posted the suicide bomber .gif.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 am

Let him stay if he wants. Ban him if you want. Ignore him if you don't. evs
I haven't experienced any misgivings with the dude.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 am

This is one of the best forums, so lets keep it like that! Vote NO to baning!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:52 am

he's already increased the moderation and dissuaded Abes from being vocal about Live on the forum. whiny 'know-it-alls' like him are why developers are kept away from the public, I know, I'm a developer.

BURN THE WITCH!!!
Last edited by Tone Deft on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:57 am

Unless it's proven that he's a mole from Cakewalk trying to take down Ableton because Live destroyed Project 5's chances of becoming a contender, I see no reason to. Beyond the fact that his demands for attention on his bugs are taking time away from development......

Wouldn't that be the laugh? Live 8 is delayed due to talking to timur about his bugs, and explaining ten times why they can't drop everything to fix his particular problems in the time he allows? :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:58 am

what's the chance of him being a beta tester for Live 8? 8O
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:01 am

Tone Deft wrote:he's already increased the moderation and dissuaded Abes from being vocal about Live on the forum. whiny 'know-it-alls' like him are why developers are kept away from the public, I know, I'm a developer.
Ive read all your and others arguments here the last days Tone, and I agree the man can be annoying. But if we ban him we will take the forum to a direction we really dont want to go.I cant see any proof that he has violated any serious forum crime! He has a right to be carping.

People need to chill! If you dont like someone, then just ignore them.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:05 am

I've read a few things but what's he on about that's driving all you nuts? I don't think i've ever tangled with the dude. I'm a little clueless and uninformed on this.
he's already increased the moderation and dissuaded Abes from being vocal about Live on the forum
That's not good.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:06 am

ze2be - agreed.

KK - MW puts it well, I'm sure he'll chime in.

at least the tumor keeps his cool and doesn't abuse the forum, he's just obnoxious in a very geeky way.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:09 am

ze2be wrote: Ive read all your and others arguments here the last days Tone, and I agree the man can be annoying. But if we ban him we will take the forum to a direction we really dont want to go.I cant see any proof that he has violated any serious forum crime! He has a right to be carping.

People need to chill! If you dont like someone, then just ignore them.
+1
Couldn't agree more!

sublimelobc

Post by sublimelobc » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:13 am

C'mon, we all deal with know it all personalities on a daily basis, the socially appropriate way to deal with aforementioned personalities is with a wet willy or in extreme cases an atomic wedgie.

Banning them is like banning the clown from the circus isn't it?

Besides, geeky brilliance is always entertaining, especially when seemingly misguided.

dcease

Post by dcease » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:20 am

i don't know if i agree with banning him, but i would love it if he took a chill pill. or left. he can irk me, but i've learned to censor him myself-i don't read his posts that are live related, or over a couple of sentences. he can be helpful, and when he wants, kinda funny. if he left, i'd rather it was of his own accord (or us not making him feel welcome, and him getting the hint), and not because the abe's forced him. ignoring him is probably the best method, arguing with him is pointless. he's right, we're wrong.

:wink:

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:23 am

How about some sort of web forum prison laundry-room beat-down?

Or can't there be some sort of anti timur vigilante group? A timur terror squad?

but no banning.

:twisted: