Retitled: MFB Kult and other drum machine/sampler queries

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lola

Post by lola » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:02 am

aqua_tek wrote:oh hai! Got it today...

and it had two unexpected (but good surprises). 1: It already has the 128 mb ram upgrade installed. 2: It has the CD-R/DVD drive installed. Aside from having arrived looking a bit dusty, this thing seems to be working perfectly at the moment. I kind of feel like I stole it from this guy 8O

As I have no more space in my room, I've had to place it on my little night table for the time being, as evidenced here.

Actually fits on that little tabletop perfectly. Just wish I had a little more space to be able to roll that table closer to my desk. It's not too far as it is. Close enough to be able to hook it up to the Fireface briefly, and the MBP for usb transfers.

Transferring a bunch of samples into the newly formatted 2 GB compact flash card I bought for it, as I write this... and I guess so far my only complaint is that this shit is taking forever
Congrats man! really cheap buy, good luck with this machine.
If you could someday post some beats ?
:D

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:14 am

well, if it counts for anything, the beats on this track were programmed on the mpc

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

nothing too flashy though :P

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:31 am

congratulations you bastard!.. :lol: be glad you didn't go for the 2k series the os is slow as fuck compared to the 1000, 2500 and 500 you got a great deal. put jjs os on there and disappear into yourself.