LAUNCHPAD - Day 1

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john gordon

Re: LAUNCHPAD - Day 1

Post by john gordon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:04 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Resampling with the Launchpad is the most fun I've had in a long time. omfg.
Created a track for resampling. Added about 8 effects, including a Looper at the end.
Use the Launchpad to create a mess of clips at different points/different lengths.
Hit Looper to capture that. Abuse some more effects in the track.
Use LP to create another clip. Use LP to quickly move between my resampled clips.
Fire Looper again.
FFS. Pretty soon I created 2 more Resampling tracks and then had what amounted to a complete mess of sound.
It was pure bliss. :arrow:
aight settle down!!!!

turrican

Post by turrican » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 am

I got two LP connected on an active USB hub and got the slow update rate problem
of the pads as well.
I started a thread here:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=129002
to discuss proper USB setup. If anyone knows an already opened thread plz post the
link/URL.

To the user who solved the problem with an additional USB-controller:
would you post the model and company of it?

thank you

$4mU3l

Post by $4mU3l » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:53 am

turrican wrote:I got two LP connected on an active USB hub and got the slow update rate problem
of the pads as well.
I started a thread here:
to discuss proper USB setup. If anyone knows an already opened thread plz post the
link/URL.

To the user who solved the problem with an additional USB-controller:
would you post the model and company of it?

thank you

Limyth

Post by Limyth » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 am

I have a problem with the Launchpad in Ableton 8.0.1. After installation of the driver I go to Preferences in Ableton - Midi Sync, where it shows up in the Input/Output folder, but it doesn´t show up in the Control Surface folder, which is crucial. Is it because this version of Ableton does not support Launchpad and installation of 8.1.1 will help? With the Ableton Launchpad Edition it works perfectly, but i want to use it in the full version. Thanks!

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Limyth wrote:I have a problem with the Launchpad in Ableton 8.0.1. After installation of the driver I go to Preferences in Ableton - Midi Sync, where it shows up in the Input/Output folder, but it doesn´t show up in the Control Surface folder, which is crucial. Is it because this version of Ableton does not support Launchpad and installation of 8.1.1 will help? With the Ableton Launchpad Edition it works perfectly, but i want to use it in the full version. Thanks!
Yes. Live 8 must be updated to a newer version & all will be well.

xbuster17

Post by xbuster17 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:30 pm

hi guys. nice you could fix the launchpad lag issue buying a new usb card. but how about laptop users? oh my , the pain !
any idea? (buy a new laptop...) damn i haven't got enuf money for that... how many stuff do i need to buy to make a decent live act? i've allready spent a fortune for this !!!!!! this just isn't fair ¬¬!!!

iloyd2

Post by iloyd2 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:27 am

Any news on this latency issue?

I have a unibody mbp and I experience ~100ms lag when launching clips and samples realtime. Even when muting tracks within Launchpad. My padKontrol and Remote SL37 has no such latency at all. And I experience the latency with both usb ports with/without a hub.

This latency renders Launchpad useless for me. :?

Morphido

Post by Morphido » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:44 am

iloyd2 wrote:Any news on this latency issue?

I have a unibody mbp and I experience ~100ms lag when launching clips and samples realtime. Even when muting tracks within Launchpad. My padKontrol and Remote SL37 has no such latency at all. And I experience the latency with both usb ports with/without a hub.

This latency renders Launchpad useless for me. :?
Same problem, I cannot perform in realtime from Session Mode because the lag de-sync my interpretation. Mapping User2 mode to the clips en session view works very well and hand-responsive.

:(

Novation or Ableton has to give us a solution.
Mac Studio M1 Max | MacBookAir M1 | UA Apollo