FIX YOUR SHIT ABLETON! Totally FED UP!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
supster

Post by supster » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:04 pm

wilxon wrote:do all of you upset people need to use such foul language all of the time,
80% of the time its uncalled for.

yes, well i think we were kind of looking at this as the other 20%, but .. you're right. it is.

there are certain things that really, really get on my nerves about all of this tech troubleshooting, and some peoples attitudes about it really just throw fuel on the fire.

the doctor says everything is going to be ok from now on though *twitch*
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:02 pm

supster wrote:
djsynchro wrote:When is the last time complaining about something over and over again made a situation better for you?

never.. except ...

when coming on a manufacturers board, and doing our best to JUSTIFY why they have a responsiblity to work on thier product to make it stable ..

... is part of the price we pay for running complex technology. really aggravating, but true

so - we need to be persistant.

because, arrogant fuckers like yourself that dont really understand the issues, dont know the history behind it, and dont really have anything of value to add .. but come in to gloat with a subtly patronizing attitude to feed your ego ...and theres a chance that Ableton will believe you over us

so, another annoying side effect is that we have to keep shooting you down as well by providing evidence

if you want the evidence, go back and read. if not please STFU
If it means you've exhausted all possibilities of getting a piece of hardware to work, you might need to sell it and get something that does work.

this is bullshit

buy me $2000-3000 worth of brand new gear so it runs as well as you say yours does, so the product can work even close to what its supposed to on what i already have

or, like i said already - and you probably didnt read, because thats not why you come in here - if you have a miracle answer that the entire ableton team has not come up with, nor anybody else in all the hundreds of professional, semi-pro, and amatuer people that read this board ever week have been able to come up with in 6 months and more in some cases ..

if you have that answer please bestow it on us

truth is, if i werent some "anonymous board user" that you apparently like to come onto threads like these and try and patronize with that typical nerdy "IT guy" attitude, you would know my story and basically know that i gave jup on using Live as an arrangement app after a long time dealing with this, longer than youve been around

i use Cubase now, and it works great for that, and all the effort im doing to state our case or help troubleshoot this product is to regain all of the past 2 years of effort i put into using Live. if i didnt think it was still great i wouldnt be here.

and you are the 4th or 5th moron that has come along with that attitude. your all the same

god you're a dick! :lol:

just do us a flavor, try running live with just your built in audio card and no 3rd party plugins and let us no if your problems go away. Then try with audio interface but no 3rd party plugins. then try adding 3rd party plugins.

Then tell ableton which of those is fucking you up, and demand they fix it.

or, if it fucks up with no external audio interface, and no 3rd party pluggins, feel free to rant on.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:25 pm

djsynchro wrote:If it means you've exhausted all possibilities of getting a piece of hardware to work, you might need to sell it and get something that does work.
I meant getting a different soundcard or graphics card, if the one you have is causing you trouble. I have done that three times in the past and every time it turned out to be the solution to the crashes I was experiencing.

:D

supster

Post by supster » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:30 pm

leisuremuffin wrote: god you're a dick! :lol:
ladies and gentelmen, one of the morons i referred to earlier
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:41 pm

lol. yep. I'm a moron. and you're a dick.

so what's the deal, hommes? Have you tried running live without your 3rd party plugins or audio interface? I'm not saying that your problems aren't ableton's problem, i'm just saying i don't think it's the software on its own. Isolating what the problem is would be helpful. I'd do it myself if i was experiencing any of these problems, but i'm not, so i can't....

.lm.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:41 pm

Yikes!

:(

Alex, is there no way for us windows people to find a log/something so that you can look at what causes certain crashes?

Ps, are you in LA yet? 8)

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:41 pm

whoops, double post.

.lm.
Last edited by leisuremuffin on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supster

Post by supster » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:44 pm

djsynchro wrote:I meant getting a different soundcard or graphics card, if the one you have is causing you trouble. I have done that three times in the past and every time it turned out to be the solution to the crashes I was experiencing.

3x approximately $200-400 = anywhere from $600 - 1200.

down the drain. for one application on your machine (an extremely important one) but an application from a company (like i said earlier) that is not providing any guidelines yet about what specifically seems to be working working or not, let alone why.

not only that, but theres not even close to a consensus about it among the people out here that ive seen

look: when i was a hardcore gamer i thought exactly the same way you do. I followed toms hardware and etc and knew what the lastest rad components were - built everything from the ground up every 6 months to a year

when there was a bug or a problem with a particular thing and our game of choice we would track it down, and spare no expense to toss out a brand new 'thingamob' if it didnt work that we just paid 200 for and spend ANOTHER 200 or more to get another one

this is psychotic, you do realize that? its also totally not reasonable and practical to expect people to do it. but you know .. this is the mentality of a lot of people in this industry, its "whatever, the bugs are too hard to fix right now, so in the meantime your on your own"

a lot of people reading this are with me on this, its just not right and they know it. and you know what ... if there was any kind of consensus about what worked for SURE, i probably would have already done it by now. im just not nearly that psychotic anymore ..
--

supster

Post by supster » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:56 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:Have you tried running live without your 3rd party plugins or audio interface? or, if it fucks up with no external audio interface, and no 3rd party pluggins, feel free to rant on.
if you had been following the conversation along the way, you would already know that i started a long poll about the Lagged Arrangement issue, which is sitting right up here next to this one with my name on it ..

i spelled everything out there in detail and have tried everything anyone has suggested in that thread - short of (like i said above) psychotically tossing out hardware and buying something else not knowing whether its going to work or not.

hence, the continued ranting (i prefer to call it pressure on the people that sold the product. the ranting is for people like yourself :) )

note: niether has anyone else that im aware of. not a single person has said "my machine works and yours doesnt. the common denominator is X and i bought Y, and it improved the performance thismuch"

nothing, nobody knows after all this time. unbelievable i know.
lol. yep. I'm a moron.
yes - under my current criterion of internet moron, you fit the definition exactly because you

a) jump in the conversation late having no clue what was already said really b) immediately start grandstanding about how amazing your intellectual nerd status is in comparison with the lower lifeforms regarding the problem you havent really been following that closely
c) care absolutely nothing for the topic at hand or the people experiencing it because its not your problem.
:lol:

i love you guys though, you know .. deep deep down ...
--

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:15 pm

whatever man.

can you just humor me for second and tell me that live does not work for you when not using your external sound card and no 3rd party plug ins. is that true?

I'm guess the answer is yes by your reaction, but you did not specifically say so in this thread, OK?

.lm.

supster

Post by supster » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:23 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:whatever man.

can you just humor me for second and tell me that live does not work for you when not using your external sound card and no 3rd party plug ins. is that true?

I'm guess the answer is yes by your reaction, but you did not specifically say so in this thread, OK?
the thread isnt really so much about any one persons specific problem as it is about the bigger issue of how bad a few of the issues are with 5 right now, and what chances we have of getting them fixed.

answer to your question is yes
--

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:51 pm

supster wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:whatever man.

the thread isnt really so much about any one persons specific problem as it is about the bigger issue of how bad a few of the issues are with 5 right now, and what chances we have of getting them fixed.

answer to your question is yes
ok, but, btw, i just read all six pages of your other thread, and notice no reference to audio interface... sooooo maybe you should pay more attention to what's being said before jumping down *my* throat?

Also, on page six, you do mention that not using vsti's or 3rd party pluggins does seem to help your issue. you no longer believe that to be true?

about this thread, you're right, it's not about anybody's specific problem. That's the problem. Specific problems can be addressed. General complaining with little substance can not.

.lm.

radeon

Post by radeon » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 am

Mr Muffin. Why you denys problems Live 5.? There can be only the one reasoning.
a. youonly play audio file
b. you make music with little sounds and tracks.

I work on song for two days. Only ten track and maybe six vst/audio unit plugin + three simpler and 2 impulse. So my dual 2ghz G5 is sick with only so little. Dropout clicks crashings three and four times in one day. I use outputs to mixer and mix to dat or back to Live. I CANT NOT do this with the song. WHY? when new audio or vst part come in the middle of there song Live jump start/Glitch. I wait to finish arrangement so I can freeze tracks so I can bounce mix. Logic I can have many more things 40 track.easy 4 Space designer and so many V instrument. Cubase SX on PC Is good to.
There is big problems with live to finsih songs always. It is not my imaginings. I make music long time and use all softwares. No softwares give me bugs like Live.

Whyt ableton dont see this is misterios. OR IS IT? think of this=$$$$$$$$ they like that noty--------BUG and problem. Fix bugs dont make money for company.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:26 am

as a matter of fact, i do use vst/au plugs and instruments, but due to the limitations of my computer, i bounce them to audio ASAP.

there is a cpu limit. To me, the fact that limit is reached quicker by live than some other pieces of software is negated by the fact that i can write much faster in live than those other pieces of software. However, this is differrent from "bugs."

As far as bugs, i'm denying them because i don't experience them. You can choose not to believe me if you want, but live 5 does not crash or misbehave on a regular basis on my system.

.lm.